Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahf142 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 10:56 AM
    York Air Handler Part Needed
    I have been told that we need a new coil for our York Air Handler, model # N4AHD14A06A, and that the part isn't made anymore; does anyone know where we can get one? Thank you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
    They may not make the part but any R22 coil, which I presume this is, with the same capacity will be able to be used. Look for a smaller local AC shop, they may have a used one.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2012, 01:43 PM
    Why do you need a new coil? Does it leak refrigerant? If it's an "A" coil you can get one at almost any AC shop. A slant coil can be purchased at a local parts house as long as the dimensions are the same. When you go to the parts house they will have drawings of the coils and you can match one. There are only a few manufacturers of coils for many AC companies, so one made for a Carrier will fit a York if the size and capacity is the same. The metering device is separate and can be a thermostatic expansion valve, capillary tubes, or another style.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York Air Handler will not turn on at all [ 0 Answers ]

The air handler was putting out a lot of water in the overflow pan. Now the air handler will not come on at all but the compressor does. I have cut off circuits, restarted the system with no luck.

York air handler smells like smoke [ 2 Answers ]

Air handler will turn on and off every 10 - 15 seconds then start to smell like smoke

York air handler [ 1 Answers ]

My air handler under my house is sweating a lot is this normal? It's leaving puddles of water under it

Schematics on York air handler [ 1 Answers ]

Need Schematics on a york air handler model NCMB-FO20AA

Variable speed on York Air Handler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a york air handler (no heat pump) and I have the motor on low (just have to move a wire to change from L,M,H) I was wondering if changing the motor speed to Med or High might help move the air better and make up for better efficiency and help not to be so cold in here at night. I just...

View more questions Search