Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mjhappenstance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2012, 09:16 PM
    Children of disabled benefits question?
    I am legal guardian of my child. Can my daughter who is not Legally bound to my exwife any longer still receive social security benefits from her mothers illnesses? Exwife receives ssi.

Figure her mother can help her in some way...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 27, 2012, 11:33 PM
    What do you mean "not legally bound" that is not a legal term.

Is she still the legal mother ? Has she signed her rights away to allow y four partner to adopt ?
    Has Social services taken her rights away for some reason. j

Or did you just get custody, and she does not have any visitation at this point ?

Answer depends on what the status the other parent really is.

Not to have any rights ( or possible future rights) is rare.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2013, 10:13 AM
    She should be able to, I had custody of my 4 kids and was getting money for them from his SSD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do children receive benefits if their parents is permanently disabled? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently applied for social security disability benefits for a physical problem that will not go away. My doctor urged me to apply, so I am sure I will receive the benefits. I have been doing some reading on the SSA website and it appears that my children might receive money as well. Does...

Ssi benefits for children of disabled parents [ 1 Answers ]

My sons going to be 18 if he lives at home and goes to collage does the beneifits still stop

Disability benefits for children of the disabled [ 0 Answers ]

I've been receiving SSDI since 2004. In March 2006 I gave birth to my daughter. When me and my husband applied for her Social Security number in 2006 the ss officer said that they don't accept any new applications for any benefits. Yesterday, we went to the ss office and another officer was shocked...

Disability benefits for children of the disabled [ 0 Answers ]

I've been receiving SSDI since 2004. I gave birth to a daughter on March 2006. When me and my husband went to apply for our daughter's social security number we asked the clerk if she qualifies for any benefits back in 2006. The clerk said, that she doesn't because at that time they have not been...

What benefits will I be able to receive if I'm disabled and have children? [ 3 Answers ]

Im not going to be able to keep working because of excruciating pain from my back. Had surgey 3 yrs ago and went back to work. The past couple of months I have had to become dependent of pain meds and anti inflammatories. Im a school bus driver. What benefits will my family be eligible for? I am...

View more questions Search