Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaell8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2012, 02:39 PM
    How do I add a new phone wire to my old 60's/70's touchtone telephone?
    I have two old touchtone telephones probably from the 60s or 70's that have the old wire with the big old 4 prong wall plug (looks like a European electric plugs). How do I put a new current day wire that has the small clear plug on these phones? I already tried to connect three of the colored wires of the new wire where the same colored wires of the old wire were (there was no place for the black wire). I get a dial tone but when I push buttons on the phone it gives a tone sound but will not dial, it just continues to give a dial tone. I have tried both phones and both do the same thing, so I know it is not the phones. I am sure this is simple but I cannot seem to figure it out and hate to discard the phones. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Oh, I also have AT&T digital phone line in my house, would this have anything to do with my problem? However, AT&T did say that I could use any of my current phones on this system. Thanks for your help.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2012, 04:23 PM
    If you are getting dial tone and won't dial, swap the wires on the jack, If you hook a Meter to the red and green on the Jack, the Red should be negative with respect to the Green. About 48 volts DC, On hook.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

60's or 70's ghost film [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I watched a film in my childhood about a woman and family who moved into a house that was haunted there were damp patches,shadows moving along walls etc I remember one scnene in the kitchen where tools like a spanner were going missing and turning up again I think it may have been called...

TV Movie 60's or 70's [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I need help trying to find the title of a movie british? In the 60's? Or 70's? Synopsis: A group of children in search of a treasure hidden near an old water mill. By opening the trunk, we realized that it did not contain a true treasure, but chocolate coins! This is not Treasure at...

Old 60's or 70's Horror Film [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for an old horror/suspense film from the late 60's or early 70's probably. I remember a children's playhouse in it and I think it was in the closing seen of the film. Something about that playhouse was spooky, but I can't remember what. Thanks

I'm looking for an old rb song 60's 70's [ 6 Answers ]

I'm looking for an old r&b song, I remember playing it in the late 70's but my parents could have had it longer maybe the 60's. I thought it was Smokey Robinson or the Dells or even the Dramatics but I can not find it anywhere. I have to find it... I'm a writer and I wrote it ito a novel I...

View more questions Search