michelegriffith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
    Caterpillar bugs in room
    What are they not in bed
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 27, 2012, 01:00 PM
    We need more info than that.

You called them caterpillar bugs. Are they caterpillars? Also, when you say "why are they not in bed", what do you mean? Why aren't they in your bed, or why aren't they in a cocoon, or something else?

More info, a picture would help, knowing the general area you live in would help, the size, color, etc. of this bug would help.

But, with what you posted, there's no way to even guess.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Aug 29, 2012, 12:39 AM
    Caterpillar is the common name applied to the larvae (pre-adult) stages of butterflies and moths. The larvae of other insects that are also fully metabolous (the flies, wasps, beetles) are commonly called maggots, grubs, and worms. If you know enough to have accurately identified a caterpillar, then you are looking at a pre-adult butterfly or moth. While there are some moths that are household pests, if your specimen was large, or colorful, hairy, or highly ornamented, then its occurrence in your house, and not in your bed, was likely an incidental intrusion from your garden. Look outside, you might find more!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weird caterpillar [ 10 Answers ]

Years ago, when I was gardening with my grandma, I found a caterpillar that was 8 cm long, had a nose/snout that extended and retracted, had two yin yang symbols on top of its head and two rather large (in proportion to its body) front claws. (not sure if it had more, I can't remember) I kept it in...

Is the drain in the laundry room supposed to smell like poop and bugs in it alive [ 8 Answers ]

Evey time I go to the drain I see water in it which I was told there should be but why are there bugs in it alive and now I have noticed it smells like poop for the lack of a better word, I am on well water

Bugs in my room! [ 12 Answers ]

There have been bugs in my room, in my bed mostly. They look larder beetles when I looked them up but not exactly. I won't even go near my bed now. There is no food or other things like that in my room to attract them, just clothing on the floor. They look just like larder beetles I've looked...

What are these almost invisible biting bugs in 1 room of our house? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Colorado and for the last year we are getting bites from some invisible flying bugs. We have bombed the entire house, sprayed the front and back yards including the foundation of our house as well. The bites are small raised red bumps that really itch. They seem to bite more at night. ...

Bugs in the room [ 7 Answers ]

A challenge problem for those who enjoy such things: the "bug problem": You have a square room with walls of length L. In each of the four corners is a small bug. At the sound of a gun, they each start walking at the same rate directly towards the bug on their right. So each bug's first step...

View more questions Search