Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MARLEYGIRL27 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2012, 08:13 PM
    My dog was stung by bumble bee?
    I want to know what can I buy over the counter for the bee sting. She was stung twice. Onces in the mouth and onces on the side. I only want Positive feedback Nothing negative. I tried putting a cold wash cloth on the side and mouth. I also gave her some cold ice water. Her mouth is swollen up. If there is someone that doesn't mind telling me what I should do for my dog that were stung please feel free to leave me a comment or message. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!

Only God can Judge me!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 25, 2012, 08:23 PM
    She needs to see a vet and get medical help. Please take her to one or to an emergency animal clinic.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2012, 10:06 PM
    Bee stings are tricky ones, there's not much a vet can do for a standard sting.
    As soon as the sting happens you can give antihistamine to help counteract the swelling, but once swelling has started it renders them useless.

As long as the swelling is not so severe it inhibits the dogs breathing or the swelling is not near the dogs throat then it's just a case of wait it out.
    If the swelling does not seem to reduce after 1-2 hours or gets worse then it's off to the vet.

Last year one of mine got bitten on the side of the face by a bullant, he whimpered and sulked, there was a lot of swelling, but after about an hour the swelling started going down and by the next morning he was back to normal.
    It can make them feel pretty lousy, but you know your dog better than anyone, if he seems to be in a great deal of pain, overly lethargic or vomiting excessively then it's vet time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I help my dog whenhe got stung by a bee [ 1 Answers ]

I was walking my dog and a bee stung his back right thigh. He won't let me touch him but I felt the stinger in his leg. How can I get it out or prevent it from swelling?

My dog was bitten by a spider or stung by bee her eye is swollen what should I do [ 6 Answers ]

9 yr old golden went outside when I let her in her right eye was swollen shut, she is laying down, I am applying cold compresses and she wags her tail when I talk to her, wants to stay close by me... should I do anything else... left message at vet's

My dog got stung by a bee! [ 4 Answers ]

We think our 7 year old German Shepherd got stung by a bee. There is a big bump on his muzzle really close to his nose. Is he in any danger? Please help :(

My dog just got stung by a bee [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help... I was taking my dogs for a walk this evening and my poodle was walking in the grass, then all of the sudden yelped and jerked his back leg up... on the bottom of his paw I saw something black, I think it was a bee or a wasp but by the time I got him to sit still so I could...

Bumble bee or carpenter bee [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an apartment building on the second floor and every summer I get bees that fly by my window and by the entrance, I think their nest is by the roof how can I get rid of them. I'm afraid my kids might get bitten by them, I don't want to kill them but maybe scare them away, please somebody...

View more questions Search