Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tothueusnow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Honda civic code 9 cyp sensor how to repair
    I got the engine light coming on at different occasions not always, checked and got error 9, as per honda manual I tested the points on connectors for cyp, on male connector, I got right ohmage reading, on female I get a open reading,meaning from one point to ground there is continuity, My question, am I only to be testing one part of the connector? If it is a bad cyp, Can I do the repair myself?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:01 AM
    If your CYP Sensor is bad, you will likely have to replace the whole distributor housing. It costs approximately $125 from Honda. Just reinstall the igniter, coil, and rotor from your old distributor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Civic knock sensor [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the knock sensor located on the 2000 Honda Civic EX 4D 1.6l (single overhead cam)?

Honda Civic CODE 15 [ 8 Answers ]

I have honda civic 92, My car will die every morning when check engine light comes up every day. It can be start it again by reseated fuse for ECU (15 amp) within 5 minutes time frame, I check the error code, it has code 41 and 15, I changed the oxgen sensor but the sympton still there. During the...

1995 Honda Civic Oxygen Sensor [ 14 Answers ]

Hi. Have decided to replace my Oxygen sensor, but am having a problem getting the old sensor out. (I already have the new sensor). Is very tight space. I am thinking that may be best way to break old sensor, then can put socket wrench on and remove the remaining part. Is this a good thing to do?...

96 Honda Civic... Misfire code [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 Civic Hatchback with a 1.6L. My engine would misfire (engine light would come on) only when the engine is under strain... such as climbing a hill in 5th gear or over 100kph... when I'm scooting around town it's fine. I've replaced the spark plugs , ignition wires, distributor cap and...

Oxygen Sensor for 1995 Honda Civic - Problems [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have a 1995 Honda Civic LX, with about 120, 000 miles on it. I was experiencing somewhat lower gas mileage and some loss of power (especially on hills) for a while, when my 'Check Engine' light came on and stayed on about 1-2000 miles ago. Checked code, and it pointed to the Oxygen Sensor...

View more questions Search