Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naibas9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 02:57 PM
    MS Word 2007 Template: Create dynamic table with user define number of rows.
    Hey guys,

So I am working on MS Word template that I want to use for company reports. The structure of the template as a whole is the same from report to report, with just some parts that need changed (dates, lot numbers, identification numbers etc.).

Well first 'fill-in' field in the template is entering the number of lots I am reporting. But the next section includes a table where I enter the identification numbers for each lot. The number of lots changes from report to report, so this is what I would like.

When I open a new document I would like to:

* first input the number of lots.
    * Then I would like the document to create a table with the number of rows equal to the number of lots. (the columns and headers will be fixed)
    * then insert fill-in fields into some of the cells, and drop-downs into other cells

So far I have created a macro to create the table, but I can't seem to reference the lot number value (numLots) to change the number of rows (numRows).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Specific task: Insert rows into existing table [ 9 Answers ]

Specific task. See Attachment. Thanks!

Creating a template in Word 2007 with auto-populate [ 4 Answers ]

In Word 2007, I am trying to create a fax cover sheet template that will auto-fill the user's name, title and email address. When Bob opens the template, it will auto-fill Bob Smith, Senior Manager, [email protected]. I do not want to create a template for each individual person. I want to have one...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.