peeweeinoc Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2012, 06:02 PM
    EtG testing times
    Dr bill had 4 glasses of wine and one club can 150 hours prior to EtG test
    Possible to pass? Likely to fail? 100
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2012, 06:46 PM
    There is no EtG present at that time span regardless of amount of alcohol consumed.

Aug 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
    Question for dr bill re EtG
    Dr. Bill,

Do trace amounts of detectable EtG remain in one's system after 130 hours of no
    Consumption?
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2012, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peeweeinoc View Post
    dr. bill,

do trace amounts of detectable etg remain in one's system after 130 hours of no
    consumption?
    No. Not from ingested alcohol.

It's possible that the body may produce minute amounts of EtG from endogenous ethanol production.

Aug 23, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    No. Not from ingested alcohol.

It's possible that the body may produce minute amounts of EtG from endogenous ethanol production.
    Okay, so what does that mean like from sugar or bread in your system or other sources like the hand sanitizers, etc
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2012, 06:04 PM
    No. Those are all ingested. EtG is created in ratio to the EtOH content of those products.

EtOH can also be fermented from yeast and sugar interacting with intestinal enzymes.

But it is also possible that very small amounts of alcohol are generated in the cells of your body as most cells have the capacity to metabolize alcohol.

Those amounts are so small as to be undetectable in any standard test. I probably led you off subject.

The answer to your question is that EtG does not survive in your system for 130 hours. It's simply gone, eliminated.

Aug 23, 2012, 06:35 PM
    No. Those are all ingested. EtG is created in ratio to the EtOH content of those products.

EtOH can also be fermented from yeast and sugar interacting with intestinal enzymes.

But it is also possible that very small amounts of alcohol are generated in the cells of your body as most cells have the capacity to metabolize alcohol.

Those amounts are so small as to be undetectable in any standard test. I probably led you off subject.

The answer to your question is that EtG does not survive in your system for 130 hours. It's simply gone, eliminated.
    Thank you, as it relates to the cells, can a person who abstains from alcohol
    Generate this tiny amount of alcohol from their cells?
    Generate this tiny

Aug 23, 2012, 06:49 PM
    thank you, as it relates to the cells, can a person who abstains from alcohol
    generate this tiny amount of alcohol from their cells?
    generate this tiny
    Just curious so even someone who abstains from alcohol can generate a
    Tiny amount of alcohol from their cells ?

Aug 24, 2012, 02:57 PM
    EtG dr bill question
    Back again,

So does the body have some EtG in it, without even consuming alcohol or ethanol
    Like from other sources?

Just curious so even someone who abstains from alcohol can generate a
    Tiny amount of alcohol from their cells ?
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2012, 03:24 PM
    Back again,

so does the body have some etg in it, without even consuming alcohol or ethanol
    like from other sources?

just curious so even someone who abstains from alcohol can generate a
    tiny amount of alcohol from their cells ?
    That is a working theory... intracellular ethanol production. Practically, it has no application in the testing field.

Anyway, here is a study that goes into the phenomenon in a little more detail and would also provide references to previously developed information.

Endogenous Ethanol Production

Aug 24, 2012, 07:31 PM
    EtG dr. bill
    Dr. Bill,

You have done a lot of comparative analysis on people passing the test;
    To your knowledge has there been anyone that has failed; with a zero threshold
    Limit; after 130 hours of no alcohol? Its for court so I presume the threshold is just
    About 0.?
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2012, 08:30 PM
    No one to my knowledge and I maintain every published study available since 1995. The flip side of that coin is that I have over 100 cases where people have failed the test after being abstinent for months and even years.

Aug 25, 2012, 11:21 AM
    No one to my knowledge and I maintain every published study available since 1995. The flip side of that coin is that I have over 100 cases where people have failed the test after being abstinent for months and even years.
    Wow, I am guessing many of these failures could have been explained by the detergents and household products and other exposures they warn
    You to stay away from like, mouth wash etc.

Aug 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
    EtG
    You mentioned you knew of over 100 cases where people have failed the test after being abstinent for months and even years.

Was there anything that could have explained these failures other than the
    Unreliability of the test? Like the common household products they warn
    Can cause positive results?

Aug 25, 2012, 11:39 AM
    EtG
    Dr. Bill,

You mentioned some 100 cases where people have failed the test after being abstinent for months and even years.

Could any of these be due to the many common household products that contain
    Alcohol or from the things they tell you to stay away from that can cause false
    Positives?

Also, do your records indicate more people passing within the time limit than
    Of the 100 that have failed?
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Wow, I am guessing many of these failures could have been explained by the detergents and household products and other exposures they warn
    you to stay away from like, mouth wash etc.?
    There are at least 2000 products that you are not warned about. But many cases cannot be explained by low level incidental exposure combined with bad timing.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2012, 11:55 AM
    The people who pass this test after drinking (false negatives based on the 80 hour claim) out number false positives by at least 1000 to 1.

Aug 25, 2012, 12:08 PM
    So can I ask you dr. Bill,

If you were to guess, what are my chances of passing with 130 hours + post consumption. Keeping in mind the 100 cases who have failed with no explanation of failure. Have more passes than failed at that time interval. Do you have any type of data for that?

Aug 26, 2012, 08:19 AM
    So can I ask you dr. Bill,

If you were to guess, what are my chances of passing with 130 hours + post consumption. Keeping in mind the 100 cases who have failed with no explanation of failure. Have more passes than failed at that time interval. Do you have any type of data for that? Could you make an educated guess for me?
    stacygirl71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2012, 05:44 AM
    How long would 12 non-alcoholic Odouls beers remain prersent for ETG testing in a 6ft/250lb male? If testing is approximately 70 hours later is there a risk of failing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

Its been 50 hours since my last 14 beers will I pass EtG test.

Time relation to EtG testing [ 1 Answers ]

This is a 2 parter. I am a male 24, 175lbs VERY high metabolism. If I consumed 10-12 beers over a 5-6 hour period starting at 6pm on Sunday. Drink gallons upon gallons of water, exercise, and eat light to replenish my sodium/electrolytes(in order to drink more water). What are my chances of...

Is 72 hours a safe time for EtG testing? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I go to a pain clinic and they will randomly drug test participants. I am fortunate, however, in that I do not have to take pain medication every day or even every week, so even though I'm not supposed to, I do drink occasionally because I know I am not and will not be taking medication....

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search