Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2012, 08:11 PM
    Windows problem
    I am experiencing a problem copying data to a removable disc. Each time I copy data or attempt to access the data on the disc after copying I receive a message that Windows Explorer has shutdown and I then have to reopen the windows to see the disk content or open the directory where I can copying the data from. I also can no longer access the hierarchy of directories which defaults to my internet favourites list

I suspect there is some contention between my security software and the operating system

I am running
    Windows Vista home basic which is regularly updated and
    Norton version 17.9
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Aug 23, 2012, 08:54 PM
    This is pertaining to removable storage correct?

First thing is to try another computer. That will narrow down whether it's on the computer's end or your external device's end.

Let me know if this isn't an option or the results if it is ;)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Thanks for your answer, no other computer readily available and I have never seen this problem on another computer. I have downloaded files to my computer and wanted to burn a disc on removable storage. I have successfully transferred the files, many interations of Windows Explorer, but cannot navigate the directories on the hard drive or the removeable using the "computer" utility (Windows Explorer) There is no problem navigating in programs like MS Excel but the default drop down directory when the utility is booted is the favourites list from Internet Explorer and I cannot navigate away from this or find where to reset it
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2012, 09:55 PM
    There might be some problem with explorer.exe.
    From task manager into the process look it is running or not.
    And once the disk is detected explore or open just copy the data and send it t desktop.
    Also check if the copying stops in between might there be problem with the disk or data got corrupted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows 7 problem... [ 2 Answers ]

I re-installed windows 7 on my home computer. After installing I was playing games fine and after one restart it slows everything down incredibly I can barely use Google let alone games... Please help...

Windows 98 Problem/Port Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a laptop with W98. I also have a double problem. First, Many times when I start the machine up and see the screen, the mouse cursor goes haywire and the screen is blinking all over the place. I then unplug the mouse adaptor from the port and replug it in, then restart the machine(all this...

Windows 98 Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a laptop with Windows 98. My taskbar is on the top instead of the bottom. How do I get it back to normal?

Windows Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Im using MSI motherboard K7T Pro and recently I bought ATI Radeon A9550GE 128MB. My motherboard supports only AGP 4X whereas the VGA supports 8X AGP. The problem is when Windows loads the system hangs within 5 minutes. And the light on the monitor turns orange color. Need help, anyone...

View more questions Search