Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AdamO Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Cool shower, warm faucet
    Hi,
    My shower this morning was very cool, but the water temp to other faucets in the house seemed normal. Any idea why the shower was so cool?
    Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 7, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamO
    Hi,
    My shower this morning was very cool, but the water temp to other faucets in the house seemed normal. Any idea why the shower was so cool?
    thanks
    What's the brand name of your shower valve and does it have Skald-Guard or Posi-Temp features? Regards, Tom

Mar 7, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Where would I find the shower valve? The house itself is a single wide mobile home built in 1997 or 98.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Adam, a mobile home is not a house. The brand name of the faucet should be on the handle. Typically a mobile home has specialty faucets because they are not required to follow the building code. They fall under D O T regulations.

Mar 8, 2007, 04:30 AM
    I did not see a brand name on the handle. It's a basic two handle faucet with the shower valve in the spout. I had hot water for a brief time in the shower this morning, but it got cold quite quickly. I have an electric water heater, is it possible I have lost one of the heating elements?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2007, 04:33 AM
    It is likely. Shut the power off and check continuity on both elements. Your bottom element is likely failed. Replace both for best results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just warm water - In the stand-alone shower [ 9 Answers ]

My question is just slightly different than briang30's so forgive me for starting a new post. We recently moved into a 25 year old home in August of last year. The master bathroom stand-alone shower will get warm, but not hot. Also it takes about 7 minutes for it to get to the "warm" mark. ...

Warm, not hot, shower [ 5 Answers ]

My problem is that when I turn the shower water control to the hot side, the water coming out is warm at best. Sometimes, with no rhyme or reason, the water gets hot. I have to leave the water run to get warm as it comes out cold first. I have a Moen single knob (controls hot and cold)...

Water suppressor needed on lavatory faucet and shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Are water suppressors needed in the bathroom sink faucet and the shower stub out also? And can you just use a length of pipe on a T, or must you use those copper chambers? (cpvc system) thanks

Warm water only from bathtub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed an unanswered question about the bathtub faucet only putting out warm water. I have the same issue. I have reviewed responses but I don't know how to tell if there is a scald feature on my faucet or not. Do you have to remove the post to figure this out?

Luke warm water from shower [ 3 Answers ]

Over the last few months I have noticed that my shower is not producing hot water the way that it used to. The sink tap gives out hot water, just not the shower anymore. I have noticed that when I flush the toilet there is an added burst of pressure from the shower. Do you have any idea what this...

View more questions Search