Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Capuchin, you a getting a bit off topic. But I will oblige your inquisitiveness.

Of course you can. You always have that option. But, according to MY religion, it is a sin. According to MY country's laws it is illegal. But, if you feel that there is nothing wrong with what you are doing and actually believe it is your right, then it is not a sin and not illegal by your own standards. Someone like Bin Laden, does not recognize man made laws, only the laws, as interpreted by him, of the Koran.

All I am saying is that everyone standards are different. By the standards set in Kumar's original question, if you are someone with the value system of Bin Laden, you will never post it. Because you do not view it as a sin that is illegal.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2007, 08:30 AM
    I disagree, legality is nothing about your own standards, it's about a country's control over its citizens, regardless of whether Bin Laden thinks it should be legal or not. It is blatantly illegal to bomb a building and kill thousands of people.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I disagree, legality is nothing about your own standards, it's about a country's control over its citizens, regardless of whether Bin Laden thinks it should be legal or not. It is blatantly illegal to bomb a building and kill thousands of people.
    Well lets change Bin Laden for Sadam, there he was the ruler of the nation, he made the nations laws, so for him to kill 1000's was legal in his nation, it could not be illegal for him, since he created the law.

With that of course is the issue of confessing, confession is for the benefit of the one doing the confession, not for the benefit of others, since it would rid the person of the guilt of what they did.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Well said Fr Chuck!

Capuchin, you are really getting off topic and what you are bringing up is not the issue in this discussion. Kumar has suggested that we post our sins on a forum so that others in society can learn from those sins. He states sin itself is an illegal act. This is open to individual interpretation as to what is a sin and whether a sin is illegal. By whose standards? Society's? Which one(s)? Religious? Which one(s)? To make a blanket statement that all sins are illegal is incorrect, which was Karma's point.

Now Kumar also states he doesn't feel that personal sin should die with the sinner and is making a suggestion that it might be a good idea that the sinner prosecute himself in an open forum. All in all, he is simply looking for a friendly discussion on whether we agree or not and to explain why. I have disagreed with his suggestion and have explained my reasoning behind it. It is up to him to accept or not, and to build upon it and extend the discussion out if he so chooses.

My dearest monkey boy, you are thinking and reacting too logically on a subject that is open to personal interpretation. You are looking for a black and white answer to something that is not so clear cut. You need to think outside of the box on this one. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who lives outside of what we consider to be the norm of society.

So getting back to what you are saying. Yes. What he did was illegal. If we ever manage to catch Bin Laden, he will be charged and tried for the crimes perpetrated upon this society. However, as much as we know what he did was illegal, because our laws are in place that says what he did was illegal and he must be punished for it, it won't change his core values. We can argue that point with him till we are blue in the face and it won't change his line of thinking and it will not change his fundamental belief system. He believes this was not an illegal act but an act that was necessary to punish "the infidels" for their wickedness, in the name of Allah, and all that is considered good and holy in the Koran.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it over for good? [ 23 Answers ]

Met the most amazing through an unsolicited IM in 1999. We were in are early 20's. The IMing turned to phone conversations, and then meeting 5 months later. We fell in love so quickly. I moved from my home to where she lived at the beginning of 2000. In the summer of 2006, after some very...

Am I not good enough? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker here for days and decided to come clean with my own personal problems. I think that I'm a complex case so I hope you can deal with my lengthy post. Basically.. I've been living in isolation from just about everyone and everything for about four to five years...

Here is another good one. [ 1 Answers ]

What PMS Really Stands For: 13. Psychotic Mood Shift 12. Pack My Stuff 11. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

Looking for the good in all: [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, How can we find the good in others? Does religion help us to be kinder to others? What do you thinK? Take care, Hope12

Too good, I know but... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've seen the attached scheme since before email was big. It seems even more posible if you incorporate the internet as the attached message suggest. What I'd like to know if it is illegal and if it is then why. I didn't include the personal info of the people participating but you get...

View more questions Search