Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomas34 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 07:27 PM
    1992 honda civic died while driving. Won't start, has spark and fuel
    The car was running fine and just died like someone flipped a switch. The engine no longer would take gas. All power remained in the car, (lights, radio, ect) Won't start back up. The fuel pump primes when ignition is turned. Everything sounds normal when trying to start, Just doesn't fire.

I have replaced:

Fuel Filter
    Plugs
    Wires
    Distributor cap

I have fuel and spark.

I am not sure what my next step is, any help would be appreciated!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 04:47 AM
    Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil inside the distributor. Apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM.

Aug 23, 2012, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil inside the distributor. Apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM.
    That's what I'll do next. I've seen you posting on some similar threads like mine and was hoping to get your input. Thanks.

Aug 23, 2012, 03:57 PM
    Hey, I just put in a whole new dizzy, and it fired right up. Felt like it was easier than replacing the ICM and Coil. Thanks so much Tx. You're the man!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Hopefully, you installed a genuine Honda distributor--others have not been reliable at AMHD. Good job!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 Honda Accord EX 2.4L won't start gets fuel and spark [ 4 Answers ]

Some background information: 1998 Honda Accord 2dr ex 2.4l sohc vtec automatic. The car ran perfectly but then some times it would not turn over, after many tries it would start the run normal. I ordered a new starter and let it sit for a few days. Before I received the starter I tried starting it...

91 honda civic won't start has spark fuel pump whines for 2 seconds [ 4 Answers ]

New dizzy cap and rotor ngk spark plugs fuel pump whines tried a new main relay turns over won't start if does boggs right off

1995 Civic won't start has spark and fuel? HELP PLEASE [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 95 Honda Civic DX 1.5L non-V-tech that was running fine then it sat in my garage for about a week while I was doing some unrelated work to it and then went to test drive and had little difficulty starting but started and ran smooth. Then went to start next morning and wouldn't start. Car...

1992 honda civic won't start, and has spark, and fuel. Can someone holp [ 3 Answers ]

My brother's honda was running fine and just died with him. It will spin over but will not start, it has spark on every wire and fuel. I don't understand , can someone please help me with some wisdom. Thanks

1992 honda civic will not start and has no spark [ 6 Answers ]

My 1992 Honda civic turns over but will not start. I have pulled out a spark plug, grounded it and turned the engine over and no spark. I have checked the coil and it seems to be fine. Can you help?

View more questions Search