Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malinic100 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 05:20 PM
    Waxing upper lip..
    I'm only 12, but I have a really noticeable mustache and my hair is really dark and thick. I'm really scared and I wanted to know how to not be scared and brace the pain easier, and also if I'm too young. My mom says I should get it done but I see her and there's these large hairs that grow in random places on her sometimes, and I know that's what waxing does, but I don't want that. I want to get it done badly, although I'm scared and nervous about the results. What should I do?

And I can't get this done every 3 or 4 weeks.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2012, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by malinic100 View Post
    I'm only 12, but I have a really noticeable mustache and my hair is really dark and thick. I'm really scared and I wanted to know how to not be scared and brace the pain easier, and also if I'm too young. My mom says I should get it done but I see her and there's these large hairs that grow in random places on her sometimes, and I know that's what waxing does, but I don't want that. I want to get it done badly, although I'm scared and nervous about the results. What should I do?

And I can't get this done every 3 or 4 weeks.

Why not use a hair remover? Why have waxing done?

I thought you and your Mom had no relationship - now she's encouraging you to get your lip wax and, apparently, paying for it? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/feel-hurt-im-always-crying-694731.html

Aug 22, 2012, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Why not use a hair remover? Why have waxing done?

I thought you and your Mom had no relationship - now she's encouraging you to get your lip wax and, apparently, paying for it? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/feel-hurt-im-always-crying-694731.html
    We do have a relationship, it's not like that, it's just some days are worse than others and she just gets mad at me for no reason. But she's not the type whod say no to buying or paying for something essential.

And as for hair remover and or shaving, my mom is totally against that and she says the chemicals in those are horrible and she won't even get me close to those. And shaving, for at least my upper lip she won't let me do either which I completely understand.
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by malinic100 View Post
    We do have a relationship, it's not like that, it's just some days are worse than others and she just gets mad at me for no reason. But she's not the type whod say no to buying or paying for something essential.

And as for hair remover and or shaving, my mom is totally against that and she says the chemicals in those are horrible and she won't even get me close to those. And shaving, for at least my upper lip she won't let me do either which I completely understand.

Shaving your face - I understand.

The chemical removers are safe. But, of course, I'm not your mother. Waxing in my area is also expensive.
    M2125 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2012, 05:55 AM
    I got the same problem, don't shave it will be worst, believe me I did that and regret it. Waxing could be a bit painful and if expose to sunlight right after it will leave a stain mark and you don't want that. What I do is I put on Hydrogen Peroxide Solution and go outside in the sun for a little bit and it will lighten the color. I hope this helps, it has for me.
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by M2125 View Post
    I got the same problem, dont shave it will be worst, believe me I did that and regret it. Waxing could be a bit painful and if expose to sunlight right after it will leave a stain mark and you dont want that. What I do is I put on Hydrogen Peroxide Solution and go outside in the sun for a little bit and it will lighten the color. I hope this helps, it has for me.

Bleaching a heavy mustache is not a good idea - suddenly you have a heavy blonde mustache, completely visible and noticeable every time the sun hits your face. Bad, bad idea.

Aug 23, 2012, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Shaving your face - I understand.

The chemical removers are safe. But, of course, I'm not your mother. Waxing in my area is also expensive.
    My mom doesn't worry about the price. It's not a big deal to her. Is there anyway to make it less painful? I know people have said not to be tense while doing it..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a dark upper lip. My lower lip is pink and normal. How can I lighten it? [ 1 Answers ]

Somehow my upper lip has gotten darker progressively over the years, but, my lower lip seems normal and has a pink tone. How can I lighten my upper lip to return to pink? Permanently.

DARK/UNEVEN LIPS with upper lip and lower lip outling dark brown/ashy [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know what have people tried that has worked for them for dark lips problems. I think its self-confidence issue for me for years and if can get this resolved would be wonderful. I have also heard someone mention permanent makeup for dark lips like mine. Has anyone tried that? If so...

DARk arOund upper lip [ 2 Answers ]

Let me start by saying that this site is GREAT!:D I got many tips and advices from here. However, I got a new problem :( and I'm guessing this is a very good place to start searching for solutions. A couple years ago I began to grow very small hairs on the upper top of my lip. And it was nothing,...

View more questions Search