Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenootb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 04:01 PM
    Hy dose one electrical outlet make my ac adapter run hotter than another electrical o
    Why dose one electrical outlet make my ac adapter run hotter than another electrical outlet? Two different AC adapters showed the same heating tendency.
    Multimetered both outlets the hot one runs at 122 v the other is at 120 v. I can't see that the voltage would cause the AC adapter to run hotter.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2012, 04:09 AM
    I agree a two volt difference is not significant...
    Just a guess but, as receptacles age they don't make contact
    With a plug as well as a new receptacle...
    Why not start by replacing the receptacle?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 05:15 AM
    If you are charging a phone at different levels of charge, their may be a difference.
    Some recepticles will pull or push air out of the receptacle from the Air Conditioning, and could act as cooling.
    I have seen Central AC's that have a negative pressure in the walls from Incorrectly installed Return Air.
    A sign of this is dust accumulating around Recepticles, switches and wall plates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical outlet wiring/switched outlet? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to fix the wiring in an outlet in the master bedroom of the house we just bought. Currently there is a 3 gang swtich at the entrance to the bedroom. We were told two of the 3 switches controlled the fan & light for a ceiling fan lamp that was removed by the previous owner. We were...

Converting regular 3 prong electrical outlet to dryer outlet [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought a stacking washer and dryer and now the electrical cord on the dryer won't reach down to the existing dryer outlet. Is there any way to convert a regular 3 prong outlet that is close enough into a dryer outlet?

Run a 220 line from electrical panal to an outlet [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to run a 220 line from electrical panel Box to an outlet for a table saw.what for breakers And what gage wire should I use I will be about 20FT From panel? The saw motor is a 2hp 1 phase, runs at 3450 rpm And draws 10.2 amps

Outdoor electrical outlet keeps tripping gfci outlet [ 3 Answers ]

Until just recently my christmas decorations would light up when we plugged them into the outdoor electrical outlet. Now when we plug it in the gfci outlet in the garage keeps getting tripped and the lights won't come on. Even when we reset the gfci, once we plug in the chord it gets tripped...

View more questions Search