Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JBK911 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 02:09 PM
    Volunteer
    We raise funds to help my husband who broke his neck.. I was told as of just today that it was against the law for me to help . Why ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 02:14 PM
    Because you need a license for any fundraiser or charity organization. Apply to your local gaming commission to do so, if they will allow it for personal gain and I don't think they will.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBK911 View Post
    We raise funds to help my husband who broke his neck .. I was told as of just today that it was against the law for me to help . Why ?
    The laws vary by location.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Volunteer in PTA [ 3 Answers ]

I need to type a letter to ask parents to help in various PTA events

I was a volunteer, do I have to file? [ 1 Answers ]

I am so happy to have found a place where I can get some help! Wow! :D I am a US citizen who has volunteered in a foreign country for the past three tax years. The organization, although international, is US based. They gave me 1099-MISC's at the end of each year for "non-employee...

Volunteer Repossesion [ 5 Answers ]

In Feb. I leased a car 45,000.00 ( I tried to get out of it at the last minuted but the dealer said I couldn't I know my fault should have looked into it more) anyway kept it one month couldn't afford it. Called the lease co. told them I couldn't afford it. They told me to try to sell it , etc. I...

Volunteer job? [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find a volunteer software job?

Volunteer in Africa [ 1 Answers ]

CICD and the Humana People to People movement are looking for volunteers. You can contribute to the fight against AIDS and poverty by joining the Development Instructor program. A life changing experience – for yourself and the people in Africa you work with! You can work with: - Child Aid...

View more questions Search