Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hhip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 04:42 AM
    My ride on briggs and stratton just stopped. It had been blowing whitish grey smoke, especially just after reversing or changing speed. I did leave the lid of the oil loose last time and oil spattered everywhere. It has enough oil in it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Whitish gray smoke leads me to think your head gasket may have blown. Do you know how to measure the cylinder compression? This would help to confirm or deny the blown gasket.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 7, 2007, 04:45 PM
    With a loose dip stick you will loose crankcase vacume and push oil out the breather. Oil will spill on muffler and vaporize the vapor will be drawn into carb and can kill engine.

Head gasket would surprise me but I have been wrong before.. . 1962?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Has enough oil in it? Make sure its not overfilled... and dipstick tube and the upper seal on it are sealing tightly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rough ride. [ 1 Answers ]

Rough ride I have been lying ever since I can remember. It started small but it is now out of hand. Here is a short version of what happened. Ten years ago I married a wonderful woman. She finds happiness in everything. She is an artist that works in the financial field just to support...

Ride on blade will not engage [ 1 Answers ]

Cadet ride on lawn mower with safety feature of disengage cutting blade... now blade will not reengage... reset button? Help !

Ride on mower engine problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a ride on Snapper mower powered by a 14HP Briggs & Stratton engine. Model 287707, Type 023501 Code 9601084A I can start the engine with the choke engaged and it will run. But when I take it off choke the engine stalls. Do you have any idea what the possible causes could be....

Should I go to the Doctors or Ride it out? [ 1 Answers ]

Good Morning, Here is my scenerio... I am 44, have ALWAYS had regular and normal periods, but have missed my last one completely... I would assume maybe the start of perimenopausal, except I have been having cramping every since the time I should have started and also dull pain in lower left side...

Ugh how do I get ride of this feeling? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok So I Have This Ex Boyfriend And I Still Really Like Him And Every Since We Broke Up I Have Had This Whole In My Heart That Just Won't Go Away And Its Benn 7 Months Since And Ive Had 4 Bfs Since Then But I Just Don't Kno Wat To Do No Matter Wat I Can't Get Ride Of It And I Still See Him All The...

View more questions Search