Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbrooks629 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 02:47 PM
    Try outs
    Hi I'm trying out this year for varsity cheering Android I don't know anything but what all do I need to know for cheering plzzz help
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 03:06 PM
    I think you need to find a girl who was on Varsity cheering last year and ask her to teach you. Or talk to the coach and ask how to best prepare for tryouts.

I never cheered but my friends did. They usually had like a "cheer camp" for several days either before school started in the fall or after school (not away or overnight - just a name they called practice). The coach and some more experienced girls would teach certain things like jumps and cheer routines that the girls would have to do for their tryout, and would also tell them things like what they have to wear and other restrictions, like if they had to tie their hair back or things like that. I remember they had to be able to do a couple cheers they were taught, a couple of leaps and jumps, and they had to be able to do some specific tumbling/gymnastics tricks like front and back handsprings and the splits. They were evaluated on an individual cheer - like they would do on the sidelines at a game - a cheer they can do by themselves but which, at the game they would all do at the same time in a line along the sidelines. They also were put together in little groups to do group cheers with some lifts and throws and tumbling tricks and stuff - the type of presentation they might do at half time.

Hopefully you have the basic skill set already. I never tried out because I couldn't do a hand spring, couldn't do the splits and generally am not good at learning dance-type steps. The girls who made the Varsity team had experience cheering and in tumbling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girl and I on the outs [ 2 Answers ]

My girl and I haven't been getting along in yhe last 6-8 months Couple of times it has been physical ilove this girl with all my heart We have been together for 4 plus years she has moved out of our house About 1 month now I have taken steps to get counsling for both of us hopefully she will...

Try outs [ 4 Answers ]

Okay my cheerleading tryouts are on Thursday!! Any advice? My toe-touch is pretty good now, I have sharp motions, and good spirt. But what do I do if I mess up? Should I ask to re-do it or will I get points deducted? Should I wear make-up? And also we drew our numbers today and I'm the last one....

Help with try-outs [ 3 Answers ]

Hey my try-outs for my high school cheerleading suad is march on the sixteenth and I can't do a cartwheel that well or a roundoff and my toe touches aren't that well either do think I will make it and do you have anything you can say about it?

View more questions Search