Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    27Cheesecake Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 02:20 AM
    Hearing Loss Caused by Violin Playing? Is this possible?
    I am a thirteen year old violinist, violist and pianist. Lately I have been playing a piece on the violin with very very high notes, and for about four or five days have not been able to hear anything in my left ear. I did have a cold when I first lost my hearing in that ear, but the I no longer have a cold and still cannot hear in my left ear. Also, when I was playing the piano today, the high notes were making the left ear that I cannot hear in "ring", and it was a painful sound.
    I have been playing the violin for about eight years now.

So have I lost hearing in my left ear permanently? Did I lose hearing because of the violin? Or was it just because I had a cold?

Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 21, 2012, 02:34 AM
    Or was it just because I had a cold?
    Sounds like the most likely explanation as this would cause hearing issues anyway.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 04:07 AM
    No playing the violin will not make you go deaf, The one my one neighbors plays I wish I was at times.

It most likely is the cold, perhaps a ear infection or other issue. But it is time to tell mom and dad and get into a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the loss of Cajal cells be caused by? [ 0 Answers ]

Can the loss of Cajal cells be caused by imflammation in the colon? I had surgery in 06, I believe a medication I was taking caused the imflammation found in my colon, is it possible it caused my motility problem?

Hearing loss [ 2 Answers ]

I blew my nose really hard and my ear popped,the next day it hurt and I have had a little loss of hearing in than ear too. The pain is gone but I still have a little loss of hearing in that ear. What should I do.

Hearing Loss [ 1 Answers ]

From my right ear cotinuous whispering sound come.I have undergone tympanoplastic surgery of both ears.But I don't get relief .wat I do now?can anyone suggest me.

View more questions Search