Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raja7674 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 10:38 PM
    Is it necessary to convert religion if hindu girl marrying christian boy
    I am a hindu girl and I want to marry Protestant Christian boy. To marry him is to compulsory to convert to christianity? Or we can follow our own faith?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 10:40 PM
    How strict is his church? Which one is it?
    Ms_Bethany Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Aug 21, 2012, 06:38 AM
    It depends on his church and family. Protestant Christians don't have a hierarchy or regulatory body like the Catholic church, so there's not as many hard and fast rules. You should ask him how he and his family feel about the issue.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 07:50 AM
    Can you, of course you can, his family may not like it. His church may not be happy with it, but they can if they want.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Of course you can get married, though perhaps not in the church (as others have said, it all depends on the particular church), so you may end up with a civil ceremony rather than a religious one. However, I want to offer a bit of advice even though you didn't ask for it - before getting married please be sure to have a discussion with your fiancé and with both families regarding which religion and tradition you would raise your children in. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the children can be raised equally in both religions. They can certainly be exposed to both, and learn to appreciate the cultural and historical significance of both, but it's impossible to have faith in both. You should have the discussion of which religion to raise children in before you are engaged.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2012, 04:19 AM
    What you need to understand is the Christian view of God and the Hindu view are very different and such mixed marriages are actually contrary to the Biblical view. One is Protestant, and the question must be asked is how committed is that person because contentions will arise. The Christian view is the Hindu Gods are false and perhaps demonic and there can be no comprise. The cultural differences are huge and you cannot expect to draw the Christian into the Hindu culture. The Christian has no idea the demands that will be made by the Hindu culture

I urge you not to be unequally yoked, so I would say to you even if the denomination doesn't insist on it, both of you need to worship God together so convert and walk in the truth
    Brandon25 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2012, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    What you need to understand is the Christian view of God and the Hindu view are very different and such mixed marriages are actually contrary to the Biblical view. One is Protestant, and the question must be asked is how committed is that person because contentions will arise. The Christian view is the Hindu Gods are false and perhaps demonic and there can be no comprise. The cultural differences are huge and you cannot expect to draw the Christian into the Hindu culture. The Christian has no idea the demands that will be made by the Hindu culture

I urge you not to be unequally yoked, so I would say to you even if the denomination doesn't insist on it, both of you need to worship God together so convert and walk in the truth
    Amen to that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a christian girl marry a hindu boy ? [ 4 Answers ]

hi... a chriatian girl wants to marry a hindu boy but religion is coming in between from the girl's side. Boy's family being very open minded allowing girl to worship her religion as she wants after wedding also... they just want that after wediing she preech both religion as boy is also ready to...

Hindu girl marrying christian boy [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me how can I marry my girl? The problem is that she is hindu.and am a christian guy..

Hindu girl is marrying to christian guy? [ 4 Answers ]

A couple got registered marriage and after 10days the guys parents wants to do the proper marriage formality in church.I would like to know whether this registered marriage will create any impact for the church marriage formalities? Please let me know your suggestions..

I am hindu boy , I need to marry a christian girl [ 2 Answers ]

I am a hindu boy I need to marry a christian girl, we both live in kerala. Can we register marry in tamilnadu? Is it possible to marry secretly now?

View more questions Search