Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missy931 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 04:52 PM
    If you are never indicted how can you do seven years in prison?
    Was arrested stayed in jail for 20 months then got sent to prison for another five years. Was never found guilty and never indicted
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 04:57 PM
    I give up. How?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 04:59 PM
    By pleading guilty, or guilty of probation violation.

First you don't have to be indicted in all places, if the officer arrests you, you can even waive your first apperence where charges are read to you.

Next if you are indicted you are often not even present, they just present the evidence to the grand jury.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dad just got out of prison and wants kids after 3 years [ 15 Answers ]

I have been raising my niece's 4 children for 3 and a half years since she passed. Their father has been in and out of jail and prison since. He just was released and came all the way to Texas from Florida thinking I was just going to hand them over. The two youngest don't even know him and the two...

No sunshine,my own prison,long years/day/sec/min/hours [ 2 Answers ]

:o hi,is there anyone that has agoraphobia on this site I can talk to? A real one not anxiety

My husband is doing 10 years in prison should I divorce him? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is doing 10 years in prison for having sex with a 17 year old. Should I stay married or divorce him? At the time it happened we were already separated at the time this happened.

15 years in prison [ 2 Answers ]

A man escapes from a prison where he had been kept for 15 years. As he runs away, he finds a house and breaks into it, looking for money and guns, but only finds a young couple in bed. He orders the guy out of bed and ties him up in a chair. While tying the girl up to the bed, he gets on top...

No contact or support for 6 years, now he's in prison and wants visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My sons biological father has not seen him in 6 years, he is now 8 and does not know any one besides my husband as his father, my husband has been around since I was 4 months pregnant and we have been married for 5 years, Now my ex is in jail for child abuse on his step kids and fighting for...

View more questions Search