Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimger57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Lottery withholding
    How ols do you have to be in the state of Florida before NO taxes are taken out when you win 5800.00 thank gerry
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2012, 01:02 PM
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion I've moved your question to its own thread.

As far as I know there is no age where you are exempt from having taxes withheld from gambling winnings (and lottery winnings qualify as gambling winnings).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 01:56 PM
    They will always hold it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lottery [ 15 Answers ]

What is the best way to forecat lottery numbers ? I tried with tarot but it didn` worked . Any tip ?

DV lottery [ 0 Answers ]

I am a 3rd year MBBS student of Bangladesh.it needs 3 years more to complete the course here.But I have won DV lottery 2011.Is it possible to go to USA after completing my course by my current DV?

Florida Lottery [ 7 Answers ]

If a 70 year old person won the lottery. Of course the IRS would Withhold a certain amount. But at the end of the year tax filing. This person Filed married jointly, and his income was from social security and a Small pension of $11,000. Would he just have to declare the pension as income?

Lottery [ 33 Answers ]

Alty the Great... What are the lottery numbers for Saturday? PowerBall? Will I ever get to go Paris with my husband?

Probability with the lottery [ 2 Answers ]

In the Maryland Lottery game, the player chooses six different integers from 1-40. If the six numbers match )in any order) the six different winning numbers drawn by the lottery, the player wins the grand prize which starts at 1 million. For each $1 bet, then player must pick two sets of six...

View more questions Search