Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Naveen Agrawal Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Aug 20, 2012, 02:45 AM
    Consumer rights
    Hi, I'm naveen... my brother bought a new "SAMSUNG GALAXY R" mo. But after a few days there were some error in that mo. it was not operating correctly, so he gave it to the shop keeper to repair from where he bought the mo. the service man repaired it and ask for his charges for repairing, we paid him for the same although it was in the warranty period and we need not to pay him for that.. after some day there were a fault again and mo. Got switch off , we gave it again to the shop keeper, he repaired and again we had to pay for that... after these, there were another fault and we went to the shop keeper, again he asks for the charges for repairing it... but now it is too costly and we are not agree to pay him... this all happened in it's warranty period, still we had it's warranty but the shop keeper is demanding for money, and my mo. Is still unrepaired... the shop keeper is itself a customer service man of Samsung mo.. . now tell me what should I do?? I wanted to apeel in court... tell me what should I do to get my consumer rights?? Please reply fast...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2012, 03:10 AM
    ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. What is a "mo" (a MObile phone?).

In any case, what is the stores policy on returns? Have you contacted Samsung?
    Naveen Agrawal Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Aug 20, 2012, 04:54 AM
    Thanks for your help... mo. :-mobile phone. Company's policy is that they will handle all the problems which are internally appeared in the mo. Till the warranty period without any cost. But they have been charged me 2 times and now it again not working and they ask more amount for repairring it...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2012, 05:30 AM
    You didn't answer where you are or whether you have contacted Samsung directly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 05:38 AM
    You need to contact Samsung directly and send them copies of the bill where the first service was done, and explain the problem to them.

Often and please read the warranty again, often only parts are covered under warranty plans, not labor. So please review it again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Consumer law [ 7 Answers ]

A car dealership sold me a warranty they never activated and a lojack. They were suppose to transfer the lojack on my new car I bought but never did and went on to say they have it in a drawer and numorous other lies on why I can't have it back just yet. But to the point, The dealership refused to...

Refund What are the rights of a consumer? [ 7 Answers ]

I tried to refund an item at Home Depot without a receipt. They said that they did not take it because they have it in their policy that they can refuse or limit anything. When I asked them for a protocol stating that the specific item/company brand could not be refund, they could not give it to...

Consumer behaviour [ 1 Answers ]

What is the consumer behaviour?

Consumer Fraud.. Please Help! [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys and gals.. Here's my problem.. I sent my laptop in for repair two weeks ago. The problem I was having was that the power cord would not stay plugged in to the back. The plug-in hole had gotten wallowed out over the past two years. Well, after inspection, they told me they were...

Consumer Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a new bankruptcy procedure in Chapter 7 matters due to debts that involve credit card obligations?

View more questions Search