Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neilodins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 04:21 PM
    i think i might have a ghost or spirit please help.
    at random times during the day and evening and more often when I'm alone I smell what smells like pipe tobacco. Nobody in the house smokes or anything. We have no working fireplaces or any way this smell could generate. I'm only asking as I have 6 children in my home and don't know how to or even if I should do something about it
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by neilodins View Post
    at random times during the day and evening and more often when im alone i smell what smells like pipe tobacco. nobody in the house smokes or anything. we have no working fireplaces or any way this smell could generate. im only asking as i have 6 children in my home and dont know how to or even if i should do something about it

Do you believe in ghosts and/or spirits?
    salvync Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 06:19 PM
    I used to believe in ghosts, but one day I had a revelation and I ask for a sign of paranormal life, but nothing happened.
    This is probably stupid, but I has afraid to be by myself at home and I couldn't sleep with my lights out.
    But since then my life has been better knowing that there is no such thing as ghosts or spirit.

Also they say that if you believe in them you give them more power. Ignore them and they will go away and stop bodering you.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 20, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Whether you believe in something or not does not make it any more or less real or powerful. It's either there and exists as a being, or it is not.

Now I don't know if simply smelling pipe smoke at random times means you have a spirit. However, it is well documented that spirits can cause smells, as well as the noises and other such things they are known for.

IF it is a spirit... and there seems to have been no major manifestation... I would recommend having a pastor or priest over simply to pray over the home. If there is a not a spirit there, no harm done. If there is... hopefully it is a pastor that knows how to handle the situation properly. It's simply too difficult to tell whether you really have a spirit or not going off what you described.

I do not recommend trying to make contact with anything there... if there is indeed something there.
    wgensler114 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 01:01 AM
    I would like to know the proper way of making the sigh of the cross. Is it in the name of the father , son or holy ghost or sprit. Now when I make the sign of the cross I use both names sprit and chost. Is this correct ?
    wgensler114 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 01:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wgensler114 View Post
    i would like to know the proper way of making the sigh of the cross. Is it in the name of the father , son or holy ghost or sprit. Now when i make the sign of the cross i use both names sprit and chost. Is this correct ?
    It depends on your religious belief.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2012, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wgensler114 View Post
    it depends on your religious belief.

I think any religion which "uses" the sign of the cross says Holy Spirit. I've never heard "Holy Ghost."

I also don't know that religious belief changes anything - obviously people who are Jewish (for example) don't but I do not believe some religions say Holy Spirit while others say Holy Ghost.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 24, 2012, 03:35 PM
    They both refer to the same part of the Trinity. Both are used and both are correct. Making the sign of the cross, however, does nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think there is a spirit/ghost in my home [ 3 Answers ]

I was hearing things late at night all the time,then one afternoon the family was swimming in the pool and the radio came on and it wasn't even plug in and them batteries haven't been changed in least 2yrs so we turned it off and couple of hrs it came on again so we decide to use the record on our...

Ghost/spirit [ 3 Answers ]

Yes it has been going on for quit sometime time frame I'm not sure I haven't always thought of ghost and spirits and it's not always in one particular house like stuff has happened when I lived at my parents always blew it off being the older brother didn't want my little brothers scared so always...

Is there a spirit/ghost following us? [ 5 Answers ]

Everywhere me and my son go there always seems to be paranormal things happening that are just too much to be nothing when we lived in our old place it got so bad we had to have a vicar round to bless the place. Wed had photos taken off walls and laid flat, rocking horse going on its own, the same...

Am I being followed by a ghost / spirit / thing? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm now 28 and still experiencing the same phenomenon that I did as a child. I have continuously been followed by what I can best describe as a dark figure that likes to play tricks. 'It' or 'they' have followed me from my childhood home, to university to where I reside today with my partner. I...

View more questions Search