Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mandydoll Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 08:43 PM
    I have hpv
    Hey there in the summer I was diganosted with hpv and my recent tests show abnormal cells.. im pretty shure the last time my other doctor told me that the hpv was gone but pre cancerouse tissuse was left behind.. is this posible to have gotten rid of the disease but still havew cancerus cells?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Mandy,

One thing about HPV is that you never get rid of it. There is currently no cure for HPV. It may have been in remission (temporarily gone) but not cured.

So, to answer your question. No it is not possible to get rid of the disease, you will always have it, and yes, the precancerous cells will stay. You need to have this closely monitored by your doctor at periodic intervals in which s/he feels necessary for your particular situation.
    Pakatababe Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 12:46 AM
    Mandy, I have HPV as well. I have the strain of cervical cancer. I've came close twice, having to go under cyosurgery (not sure if I spelled it correctly) to remove the bad cells before it could turn into cancer. I had to go in for a pap smear each 3 month for a year, then 6 month twice a year. My next one is in June, so if it's normal, I go back just once a year for a pap smear. Always check with your doctor and tell them everything, the symptoms, and pain. Sometime HPV along with Cervical cancer can cause damage inside and infertily may result from it.

There are NO cure for HPV, however I wish! But the virus will always be in our system regardless if it's dormant or not.

Take care of yourself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HPV, how the heck? [ 9 Answers ]

HI, My doctor has diagonsed me with HPV. I am very confused about this. My husband and I have been together since we were 14 and have had no sexual contact with anyone else. How then did I get it, if it is only spread through sexual cotnact? My doctor upset me by suggesting that my husband may...

? About HPV [ 1 Answers ]

If someone is diagnosed as having HPV, does that mean that they automatically have genital warts? Or can you be diagnosed with HPV and not have genital warts? I thought that I read somewhere that only 2 strains of HPV actually caused genital warts... :confused:

HPV and epididymitis [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello~ Does anyone know if HPV causes epididymitis? My brother had a g/f for a long time and they recently broke up and now he cannot get rid of epididymitis. Just wondering if the two are related at all. Please help!

Hpv And Brown Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I Was Determine To Have Hpv Last Year And Precancerous Cells And Was Treated And Last Pap Was Normal . Now Am Having Dark Brown Bleeding And Bleeding During Sex And Bowel Movement. Could I Be Pregnant Or Precancerous Cells Have Return?PLEASE HELP

View more questions Search