Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bills1958 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
    I have a cal spa 2100 series electronic operation that the pump will not shut off.
    Does anyone have a schematic for the circuit board for this? I am thinking possibly a stuck electromechanical relay on the circuit board. If so email it to me at [email protected].
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2012, 09:43 PM
    You can tap on the relays (in plastic boxes on board) and if one is stuck it may come unstuck. The contacts are welded together now. The relays are very easy to replace. Just match them and solder in a replacement. Keep the same coil voltage and go for a higher contact rating, or wire in another relay to take the amperage by using the output to drive only the coil on a relay after you get it unstuck. You can buy a higher amperage relay at any HVAC store. Using a small contacter or fan relay would be perfect and since you are only using the circuit board for control voltage it would last for about 30 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cal Spa not heating [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I have a Cal Spa. I do not know the model though, but we have had it since 1999. Recently the hot tub has not been heating up. The pump will run, but the heater will not turn on. The heating light on the digital screen is not on even though I adjust the temperature. I have been looking up...

My cal spa [ 0 Answers ]

Hello ew have a CAL SPA (don't know the model #)from around 2004. It stopped heating, so we went to a spa repair shop and they sold us a new heating element and a little switch of some sort on top of the heating element with 2 wire connections. I removed all the old parts and replaced them with...

I have a 2003 cal spa with no heat. It is a 5000 series controller with an xl heater. [ 4 Answers ]

I have 120 volts at both lugs of the heater. Should I assume the element is bad? It is supposed to have a lifetime warranty but I have read bad things about cal spas service. Anybody have any ideas?

PS2-F cal spa [ 0 Answers ]

I have a cal spa Model PS2-F I was needing to know if there is a manual I can download somewhere for it! And I also need to know if this type of motor is just one speed or if it is two speeds?

Cal spa heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1999 cal spa just got it and got it up and running tonight. The pump runs fine but the only time the heater light is on is when the pump is running is that normal?

View more questions Search