Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheyenne9322 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2012, 09:26 PM
    Puppy with swollen eye
    I have a one month old puppy,I've raised her since she was 2 weeks old, when her eyes opened I noticed the right eye was a little swollen and gray colored, with red veins popping out, what does that mean? I need ANSWERS!
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2012, 09:37 PM
    It means she has an eye infection of some sort and you need to take her to the vet.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 18, 2012, 09:49 PM
    Where is the mother?
    cheyenne9322 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Where is the mother?
    She died while giving birth, and she's the only one that made it
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cheyenne9322 View Post
    she died while giving birth, and shes the only one that made it
    She needs all the chances she can get Cheyenne. Find a vet and take her in. Money would be no object to me in a situation like this!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 06:58 AM
    I agree, sounds like an eye infection. All puppies should get their once over from a vet. Take her in asap or chance losing the eye and/or the pup.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2012, 07:16 PM
    I never mess around with eyes, one infection that takes hold too strong and you can end up with a blind dog. Agreed, off to the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen eye [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my eye was real itchy due to allergies. After a while I could not stop itching it. I put two different kinds of eye drops. That didn't help. Eventually my eye was red itchy and swollen from the inside. By last night I could not fully shut my eye. It looked and felt like a bubble or a...

Swollen eye [ 5 Answers ]

Well I'm not sure if this is the section to put this post but any help would be nice. Last night I noticed (after washing my face with my everyday wash) that my right eye was extremely swollen. I do not have allergies, my mother and older brother do but I never have. I did go to the...

Cat with a swollen eye and closed third eye [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 year old short hair domestic cat (tojoe). About 2 weeks ago the third eye on his left eye started to close. Is now completely closed and swollen,the eye is swollen enough that he cannot close his outeye completely as well there is some discharge and bright red blood. When it first...

Right Eye Swollen and Infected [ 5 Answers ]

Good Day, I have about 1 month with my right eye infected for some reason.. at first it seemed as a stye in the lower lid, so I left it alone so it could pop by itself. After a while later it increased its size and it seemed as an extra flat tissue, lik a cyst.. Recently I went to the doctor and...

View more questions Search