Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JungleCat Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2012, 09:00 PM
    Bugs in juniper
    I made a table using a piece of juniper which was dryed out. I coated it with 3 coats of varathane and now 8 months later there seems to be bugs in the table. As Juniper is a termite resistant wood what could it be and how do I get rid of it?
    There is a hole in the wood and fine shavings on the floor.

Bob
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Aug 29, 2012, 01:32 AM
    Beetles are your main culprit. Possibly powderpost beetles. Call a termite fumigation company. A customer might allow you to throw your table in under the tarp.

Wood-Boring Beetles in Homes Management Guidelines--UC IPM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Care of Juniper plants [ 3 Answers ]

The juniper shrubs in my yard are becoming more brown each year. The ends of the needles are green but closer to the base of the plant they are brown. There is a large Austrian pine tree which towers over them and the ground is covered with large pine needles from the tree. What should I do to...

Juniper care [ 0 Answers ]

Weed control problem in Juniper garden. I have an area of about 600-750 sq ft covered with Pacific Juniper. The area was prepped with weed control material and mulch prior to planting several years ago. The Juniper have done well (slight slope in full sun) and are mature plants now. After the...

Juniper firewall [ 1 Answers ]

Users behind Juniper firewall can access network for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, then all applications "freeze" up, e-mail, telnet sessions, etc... To resolve this, the Juniper SSG5 needs to be re-booted. I am not a network admin or tech, just an IT person trying to help out a peer by asking this.

The Juniper.yea baby [ 1 Answers ]

What was the usage of Juniper and the botany of it? (If the person answering is wildandblue I'm sorry if I'm posing as an incovinence with my numerous botany questions, I do appreciate you timw in answering my questions though thank you)

Juniper Shrubs [ 2 Answers ]

When is the best time to prune Juniper shrubs. Is early spring to late?

View more questions Search