Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malinic100 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2012, 11:53 AM
    How do I stay healthy?
    I'm 12 years old and really short. I don't have an actual problem but I'm just a lot shorter. I am 4' 8" and I only weigh 62 lbs. I have a very small appetite, and I try to eat more and better but I can't. My mom says I need to do a physical activity but I hate all sports because I'm bad at them and the people there are usually really mean to me. I don't want to join a sport because the people don't make me happy, which I don't want to have to feel. What are some fun things to do to help me grow, and get bigger?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2012, 12:00 PM
    Isn't there gym class and/or recess at school?

Are you in the country, in a small town, in a city?

Aug 18, 2012, 12:02 PM
    It's not enough. And we don't have recess anymore. And I live in Dallas.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Well, when I was your age, my brother and used to throw a ball over the garage (he was on one side and I was on the other), we jumped rope, my dad put up a basketball hoop over the garage door so we could play basketball, in the winter we built ski jumps and igloos and snow forts.

As for getting taller, how tall are your mom and both grandmas?

Aug 18, 2012, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Well, when I was your age, my brother and used to throw a ball over the garage (he was on one side and I was on the other), we jumped rope, my dad put up a basketball hoop over the garage door so we could play basketball, in the winter we built ski jumps and igloos and snow forts.

As for getting taller, how tall are your mom and both grandmas?
    Thanks those are a lot of good ideas. I'm not sure exactly the heights but my moms family was always kind of average. My moms height would be considered pretty average, maybe a bit shorter, and my dads family was all really short. I'm actually just a teeny bit shorter than my grandma. But I'm almost the same height.

And I know I'm always going to be shorter then everyone else, that's a given due to my genes, but my mom is constantly saying that I could get way taller if I tried
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2012, 12:29 PM
    Your mom is wrong. You are a victim of your genes. If you are programmed to be 5 feet tall, all the broccoli and calves' liver in the world won't make you much taller than that.

Aug 18, 2012, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Your mom is wrong. You are a victim of your genes. If you are programmed to be 5 feet tall, all the broccoli and calves' liver in the world won't make you much taller than that.
    Ha, I wish you could tell her that. But still, I want to try to grow bigger, even I it's not by much. Do you have any tips to eating a good amount instead of so little?

Today I did some stretches that count as exercise and stretching. I'm also not flexible at all, I'm far from even touching my toes, so will strength building excercises help me eat more?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can be done to help people to eat the right type of food to stay healthy? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm doing a EMS or LO project not sure which one.. and need the answer to this question.

How much water do you have to drink to stay healthy while drinking whey protein [ 1 Answers ]

How much water do u have to drink to stay healthy while drinking whey protein

How to stay healthy while losing weight? [ 2 Answers ]

Hye, I am Vaibhav and my age is 23 yrs My height is 173 cms and my weight is 80 kgs I want to reduce my weight to 65 kgs in two months time Please help me in doing so Regards, Vaibhav

When unduring a huge break-up, what ways can you stay mentaly "healthy"? [ 4 Answers ]

Frizzles foshizzles? I'm pulling an ice cream tub moment right now.

Wanting to lose weight but stay healthy [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting married in April and I need to lose at least 20 pounds: not only for the wedding but for other reason as well. I have tried everything that I know and it either did not work or I got sick from it. How can I lose weight and actually lose it and stay healthy and not get sick?:confused:

View more questions Search