Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandmasterPRA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 06:51 PM
    My Breakup Story. (What is she doing?)
    All right here it goes:

I was with this girl for 2 years. I made the typical mistake that every guy makes and I smothered her and got jealous and all of that stupid crap. Towards the end of the relationship, I wasn't as bad. She broke up with me because she said it doesn't feel the same and she wanted to be single for a while. I was stupid again and begged her to come back for the next three days or so. Then finally I found out she had a new boyfriend about 3 days after we broke up. I was nice about it and I left her one last message saying that I wasn't mad about it and told her to be careful because the guy is a trouble maker. Then I initiated no contact to save myself the embarassement. After 2 weeks of no contact she sent me a text message saying hi. I said hi back and she asked how I was and I said good. That was that. Then her friend was asking about us texting each other and stuff so she must have been telling her friend about it. I still did the no contact thing and one night she really pissed me off. I got a call at 3 in the morning from some guy that I didn't even know. Basically, the guy called me just to tell me that my ex was drunk and she hooked up with somebody. I was nice about it and just told the guy that I wasn't really in the mood for this and I was going back to bed. My ex is the only one that knows my cell phone number so she must have put him up to it.

What I want to know is... my girlfriend asked for her space and I gave it to her. Why is she going out of her way to make sure that I know about this kind of stuff? And how come she is even bothering with me if she has a new boyfriend?
    marey Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Hello
    I think there could be a couple of different reasons..

Either
    a) she really did get a little bit smothered while she was still in the relationship with you, and wanted to leave because of that, but she still loves you.. and is finding it hard to break away.

So that may have come out when she was drunk and she didn't have the control she normally would have over her actions... and she wants you to be jealous and do things to get her back... (don't, of course)

Or
    b) she just wants to know she can make you feel jealous and pull your strings, even now, to build up her own ego...

After all, there is nothing like having a few guys really wanting you at one time.. or giving you attention... to make you feel special.

You know your girfriend's nature and can use that to try to see which it is...

But what ever you decide, I think you are acting really well. You're wise to have the approach of being so straight forward and cool. If you really want this girl, you could talk to her about it perhaps... or you could decide it is just too much like playing games... and that seems likely to me.

Best of luck. Ask someone else out!
    grandmasterPRA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Part of me definitely still cares about her and would want to talk to her again, but I think it is best if I wait for her to contact me first. Especially after the crap she pulled that night. She sent me a text message earlier that day and I didn't respond to it. So maybe that is why she got so upset that night. How would I know if she was interested again? I think there is only like a 20% chance that I would take her back, but I'm afraid that after that night she won't text or call again. I'm not sure how much time I should give her and myself. She is a senior in high school, so I think she just wants to experience things that she knows she couldn't experience because of me. I am a sophomore in college and I am completely against drinking and drugs and all of that, and all of her friends like to drink and they pretty much brain washed her into getting into all of that. I think I am just going to try and move on until at least the end of the school year when she graduates, and take it from there.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 10:51 AM
    I wouldn't waste any time on her, or what she's doing, as her game is rude, and desresptful, not to mention immature. You are on solid ground by leaving this dingbat alone, and being unavailble to her, and would be better served accepting her short comings as a real sign of being incompatible with you and your life style. Have fun with others and put this loser behind you and leave her there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breakup [ 18 Answers ]

Heh everyone I just broke up with my ex about a month ago... we just needed some time apart.. so now that I am trying to reconcile things I find out that he is messin with another girl... not his girlfriend but someone he is talking to.. he says that I left him so it will be on his terms when we...

Painful Breakup. [ 15 Answers ]

Here's the story, my ex breaks up with me in November, but then tells me the next day it was a mistake, he wants me back and is very sorry. Things went fine until boxing day, I hadn't saw him for about 2 weeks since my grand-father died and I had been busy, we were talkingon Boxing day and he says...

Very messy breakup [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, long time viewer, first time posting anything. My name is T.J. and I'm 19. Ive just recently tried to begin the healing process of a very messy breakup with my 18 yr old ex ( we were together a year almost to the day). One day my sister was saying how she heard my ex had at...

Breakup... and then she comes back. [ 7 Answers ]

This is just a theoretical question. Imagine a girl wanting to break up, and after a few weeks she comes back, wanting to get back together. How do you react in such a situation? This topic didn't get much attention here. Of course, you do not answer her calls right away, and so on... but...

View more questions Search