Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holsgrape Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 07:23 PM
    Can I sign over parental rights to keep from having my rights terminated legally
    I have been falsely accused of child abuse and awaiting my turn in court to prove my innocence. In the meantime the local dhs is trying to terminate my rights and split all of my children up. Can I give my parental rights to a close friend ?I live in Iowa
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 07:44 PM
    No, they can not be "given" where is the other parent, custody could be given to another parent.

Will social services agree to allow guardianship to the friend.

But if the charges are not true, you merely prove you case??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2012, 05:41 AM
    Children are not property that can be given to someone else. If DHS already has a case open, a court is not going to allow an end run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get parental rights terminated if they did not sign the birth certicate [ 2 Answers ]

I recently was granted sole custody with no visitation for the father. The father is not on the birth certicate is there a way to terminate his parental rights

After parental rights are terminated. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have a friend whose husband agreed with the mother of his child to terminate all parental rights, and did so some years ago (in North Carolina). They have heard from a mutual friend that she is making noises about taking him back to court in an effort to receive child support from him. Is...

Rights of mother who's parental rights have been terminated [ 5 Answers ]

I am engaged to a man who is divorced and has a 3.5 year old son. The birth mother signed over parental rights in the 12th Judicial Circuit in Florida in Nov 2006 and has not seen her son since then. We are looking into filing the adoption paperwork a year after we marry so that I am legally...

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

View more questions Search