Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 05:31 PM
    For my husband to adopt my daughter
    I would like my husband to adopt my 4 yr old daughter, her real father doesn't pay me goes in and out of her life shows up one day to see her then goes months without calling or coming around, and has been in and out of jail has a voilet past, drinks, in and out of jobs and where he lives no license to drive but still does on probation, I'm afraid for my daughters life when she is with him and I would like for him to be out of are lifes for good he won't give up his rights but I was woundering with his bad past and still happening do I need him to give up his rights so my husband can adopt her her real dad never signed the brith cirtificate when she was born cause he didn't want her so there is no father listed does anyone know what I can do
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Please check these answers that have been given by the helpdesk here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adopti...hts-69435.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adopti...ter-68290.html

If you want to try to get the court system to terminate your child's father's rights, you will have to hire a family attorney to start the process. But, if you expect your ex to fight this, be prepared to spend a lot of money and possibly have the court reject your petition in the end. The guy may be a screw up but he is still the child's father and that means he has the right to fight you on this.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 06:19 PM
    He either has to voluntarily give up his rights or have them taken away. It's not likely that any judge would permanently and irrevocably terminate a natural parent's rights if the parent in question objects. He may curtail them, especially if he is perceived to be a danger to the child's well-being but he won't erase them completely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to adopt my daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the easies way for my husband to adopt my daughter? Her dad has nothing to do with her, he will sign over his rights cause he already said he would. So what is the cheapest and easiest way to do this. Thank you.

Husband wants to adopt daughter but. [ 2 Answers ]

All right here goes... My husband of 4 years is wanting to adopt my 8 year old daughter. She herself has been asking when she can have her "daddy's" last name. Her Biological father is listed on her birth certificate though we were never married. We did get a court ordered Child support...

Ex-husband!Can he adopt my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I had my daughter in 1997 and became involved with my high school sweatheart again after having her which we started talking again when she was a couple months old. We then moved in together and got married in 2000 we got divorced in 2001 he is still a part of my daughters life and she believes he...

Husband adopt my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I just got married and I have a two year old daurhter that's albino by a nothere man and my husband would love to asopd her. We have a nothere girl that's his and we want both of them to have to same last name. But the bad thing is I can't find my older darhters real dad but he's not on her papers...

How can my husband adopt my daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband would like to adopt my daughter.She just turned 2 this Nov. but my husband was there for me through my pregnancy and her birth.He has raised her ever since.There is no father listed on the birth certificate but I think I know who the real father is.He is convicted of sexual assault of a...

View more questions Search