Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jev5493 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 02:54 PM
    Ceiling fan and recess lighting
    I had a ceiling fan that had a light as well as recess lighting in the same room.. There is a switch on the wall with two slides.. One that says fan and one that says light. The fan one controlled the fan and the light side controlled the ceiling fan light as well as the room recess lights. I bought a replacement fan without a light unit (since the room has recess lighting) and tried to hook it up but the fan will only work on the Light switch side. I've tried numerous different wiring changes and when I hook it up thinking it will work on the fan side there seems to be no power for the fan but the recess lights work. I have two questions.. Can all fans work with the switch that has a light/fan? Or did they wire it in an odd way that made the old way function?

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a ceiling fan with remote for both the fan and the lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I have standard 2 wire power source to a light fixture. I would like to replace the fixture with a ceiling fan. Is there a way to wire a remote for the light without affecting the fan speed?

Recess lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install 6 recess cans in my bed room its 20x20, I want to use 65 watt blubs,can I use 2 3way dimmers to turn on-off? Will it be too much of a load ? Will 14/2 wire be OK? My ceiling light is on 2 3way switches now.

Lighting for a ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan. The light bulb is too low a wattage. It said no higher wattage should be used. Is it possible to install a new light kit with a higher watt in order to have more light? Thank you.

Q's About Compact Fluorescent Recess Lighting [ 9 Answers ]

I have a couple q's about some of the compact fluorescent recess lights I've been looking at from Halo. I'm planing out some lighting for the front of my garage and I will be using these in the soffits in front of the garage door for accent lighting/wall wash. I'm curious what the difference is...

Ceiling Fan Lighting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a light kit, all controlled via a remote. One night I went to turn on the light with the remote (ceiling fan running) as I have done many times and the light bulbs burned out. I replaced the bulbs and they won't work, but the fan works fine. I took apart the unit. I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.