Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
    So why do my tax dollars go for corporate welfare? Oh that's right, rich guys NEED welfare, poor people don't. How could I not see the difference, DUH!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    No they are not, they are corporations my friend. Thus they are ONLY interested in making profits.
    Do you work for free or are you interested in making money? And if so how does that make you different from them?

Outside of the government or money laudering operations for crime organizations... what business on the planet ISN'T in business to make money? If they didn't how would they make payrol?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Do you work for free or are you interested in making money? And if so how does that make you different from them?
    Thanks for making my point.
    The biggest part you missed is that I don't have the money it takes to buy political votes.
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Thanks for making my point.
    The biggest part you missed is that I don't have the money it takes to buy political votes.
    How do you know... some politicians can be bought for cheap. Particularly the local ones.
    Expert

Aug 23, 2012, 12:03 PM
    Tried that! They laughed at my ten bucks and a case of beer! Corporations do more than make payroll. They also pay big bonuses and have golden parachutes. Don't try that at home.
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Tried that! They laughed at my ten bucks and a case of beer!
    Got to try it with a better brand of swill. They might not have liked that kind.
    Expert

Aug 23, 2012, 12:09 PM
    I think it was the TEN bucks they laughed at. Not enough ZEROES!
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 12:31 PM
    I think it was the TEN bucks they laughed at. Not enough ZEROES!
    Favors work great... no paper trail to get them in trouble.

Quid-Pro-Quo
    Expert

Aug 23, 2012, 12:34 PM
    No wonder they drank the beer and left laughing! They flushed the piss trail though, and you don't want to know the favor.
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 12:55 PM
    No wonder they drank the beer and left laughing! They flushed the piss trail though, and you don't wanna know the favor.
    Did it involve bear grease? They do that to all their constituents.
    Expert

Aug 23, 2012, 01:22 PM
    No mention of bear grease. But he did say grin and bear it! He saves the bear grease for those that vote for him. Could that be the difference between repubs and dems?

Bear Grease??
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2012, 01:51 PM
    So why do my tax dollars go for corporate welfare?
    You keep saying that as if it's a Republicans only thing. Democrats are just as guilty if not more, and just as corrupt if not more. I mean really, your guy pledged to ban lobbyists from the White House then hired the head of a lobbying firm.
    Expert

Aug 23, 2012, 02:18 PM
    I made no reference to a party in my question so don't assume that's what I meant.

Originally Posted by talaniman
    So why do my tax dollars go for corporate welfare?
    Could that be the difference between repubs and dems?

Bear Grease??
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 02:42 PM
    No mention of bear grease. But he did say grin and bear it! He saves the bear grease for those that vote for him. Could that be the difference between repubs and dems?

Bear Grease???????????????????
    It was a cartoon I read in Hustler magazine a LOT of years ago (like in the early 80's)... don't remember the punchline... but it involved two grizzly Adams types in a log cabin and something about Bear grease. Kind of never forgot it.

Since we all know that Larry Flynt is a far lefty... maybe he had some unaddressed tendencies back then.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2012, 04:38 PM
    So why do my tax dollars go for corporate welfare? Oh thats right, rich guys NEED welfare, poor people don't. How could I not see the difference, DUH!
    You don't see me supporting government payouts and subsidies.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2012, 05:30 PM
    Is that how you grease the wheels of government over there? Bear Grease? How many grizzlies does it take to get things moving? Are there enough grizzlies in the country? No wonder the Polar Bear is an endangered species
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    is that how you grease the wheels of government over there? Bear Grease? how many grizzlies does it take to get things moving? Are there enough grizzlies in the country? no wonder the Polar Bear is an endangered species
    Well being most Polar bears live in Canada... maybe that explains a lot about Canadian Politics... lord knows there must be some explanation.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2012, 07:45 PM
    I could explain it this way, Scotsmen and Frenchmen make a curious combination, you can't understand what the scots say and you can't understand what the french say, oi!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low co2 in blood but otherwise normal electrolytes [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, a possible gallbladder problem being investigated. I had a blood panel done because I have had protein in my urine 3 times this year, weird case of severe dehydration (severely concentrated urine), and stomach /back problems that seemed like gallbladder issues....

Stopping emissions one way or another [ 9 Answers ]

The fight to eliminate nicotine emissions is on and it has begun in Australia Cigarettes up, and plain packaging compulsory In what no doubt will be seen as anti-competative, anti-capitalist and certainly anti-tobacco the Australian government began a two pronged attack on the tobacco industry...

03 dakota low emissions leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 03 dakota quad 2 wheel drive 4.7L and I have put it on the computer that I bought, and I get a low emissions leak. Now the truck acts fine, no problems what so ever except the engine light is on. I've tried resetting the comupter by unhooking the battery for about half an hour. This works...

G-8 GW emissions agreement [ 1 Answers ]

At the G-8 summit an agreement was reached to “seriously consider” a proposal to halve greenhouse-gas emissions by 2050.The goal is not mandatory, but rather a “target.” One of the key factors in the proposal is the effort to get China and India on board, because without them,...

View more questions Search