Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2012, 08:53 AM
    2005 Saturn L300
    I have a 2005 Saturn L300. A couple months ago, my son noticed that the air conditioning would blast whenever we turned a corner. Then after several days, the air would only blow when we turned a corner. Then the air would not work at all, but sometimes after we turned a corner or two, it would work normally. Now it's not working at all and if we turn it on it makes a terrible noise.

This is the weirdest car issue I've ever encountered. I'm worried about cost of a repair given the car has 140,000 miles on it - I'd like to get another 60,000 to 80,000 and two more years before I buy a new car. Any ideas what the problem might be or what I should expect to pay for repair? Will it also effect the heat or is this a must-repair issue before winter?

I know I have to take it to a mechanic but I'd like to have some idea what to expect so I'm not taken advantage of.

Thanks!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Sounds like a loose , abraded or disconnected wire in one of the wiring connections for the AC. Turning the corner flexes the wireloom and it reconnects. Could be at the compressor or in dash controls. Check all fuses and relays for connectivity.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2012, 09:27 AM
    Thanks... that doesn't sound so bad. Entirely reasonable, too - I'd expect some wear and tear on a car with this many miles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn in Virgo in the fourth house with a current Saturn return [ 3 Answers ]

I have Saturn in Virgo in the fourth house with a current Saturn return, any thoughts on this and its effects on my chart specifically? My natal chart: Planetary positions Planet sign degree motion Sun Sagittarius 22°20'54 in house 6 direct Moon Libra 29°19'23 in house 5 direct...

What's the difference between these toshiba laptops - L300 242 & L300 20d. [ 1 Answers ]

What's the difference between these toshiba laptops - L300 242 & L300 20d.

OPT-H1B, social security tax, medicare tax, undergrad (2001-2005), grad (2005-2007) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Could someone please advice my situation: I came to US under F1 visa to pursue undergrad from Fall 2001 - Spring 2005, then continue on grad school, under F1 again, from Fall 2005-Winter 2007. I begin my first job under OPT from January 2008 - October 2008, and continue the same job...

About saturn [ 8 Answers ]

:confused:umm... I need to know what's the temperature on saturn because I don't know nothing about science.Im doing a project

2005 saturn ion redline [ 2 Answers ]

The car is acting all crazy... Won't start, tries to start itself when the key is in the on position Throttle body open n shuts itself Fan goes on and off Guys say it the electrical, but I'm not sure if it's a relay or what. Have a thousand already invested in this mess after a buddy...

View more questions Search