Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MelanieRay Posts: 70, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Are green tatoos normal?
    Hi all. I got Miss Luna fixed and it looks like they smeared green ink in her incision. When I picked her up, they explained the why of it (universal sign that she's been spayed). This way she won't be put under anestisia to have her fixed in the very unlikely event that she's lost and her tags and chip fail to bring her home. I can at least rest assured they won't drug my dog for no reason. I haven't seen this before. My sisters dog doesn't have a green mark. So is this a new thing? Is it really a universal sign?

You guys love photos, so here is her tattoo

And look! She's growing! 35lb now all streched out. And her puppy pose.

Her black hair is falling out and blonde with black tips is replacing it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 08:10 AM
    Tattoos Indicate Spay And Neuter | MyPetsDoctor.com

FAQ's
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2012, 05:16 PM
    We all in the field knows what it means... it should be done more often than it is...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 05:25 PM
    It is a new thing. I wish they had done this years ago. With a male it's not hard to tell if he's been fixed. No balls, he's neutered. With a female it's not always so easy. Often times the fur covers the scar, or the scar heals so well that it's not noticeable. This way there's no doubt, and if she's every lost, or rehomed for some reason, the vet that sees her will know for sure that she's spayed.

They really should do it for all animals. I know they don't do it for rabbits. It would be helpful if they did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which type of green plant carries out a higher rate of photosynthesis under normal co [ 0 Answers ]

I know that a C4 plant will have a higher rate of photosynthesis when CO2 is low or it is extremely hot, but what about when CO2 is available?

Were do tatoos hurt the most? [ 7 Answers ]

If I would get a tattoo were would it hurt the most? Or more importantly, the least!

Sanskrit tatoos [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to translate , C.c how she dances in the rain and the sunshine.. to Sanskrit? Helppp

Laws about tatoos [ 4 Answers ]

At what age can a teen get a tattoo without a parent's permission? If the laws are different in different states, let's say, Connecticut or New York?

Tatoos healthy and legal [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in the state of Indiana to give tatoos as long as the tatooist has written permission from the client or clients parent if underage?

View more questions Search