Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soul2squeeze Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 04:34 PM
    UMAX 610P Scanning bad results
    Every time I try to scan a picture with my UMAX 610P my scanner sounds a little loud, but it looks and acts as if its working. The result is a solid black picture... I have tried putting the DPI at 300-600 and I get the same results... can someone help me? Could this one be broken maybe?
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 7, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Check the scanner glass is still firmly attached to the plastic enclosure. The glass plate is held to the plastic using a glue strip, nothing else secures it.

I had the 610S (scsi version), and found that the glass plate was only half attached. It no doubt happened over time, probably from the weight of scanned items, such as books and applying pressure to get the page flat, etc.

But sure enough scanning was loud and picture came out skewed. There was also some scratch marks on the scanner glass, due to the scan head rubbing against the glass.

Of course, the 610 is quite an old model. It would probably be a better investment to get one of those all-in-one printers with scanner, fax, photocopying, etc.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer freezes when scanning! [ 3 Answers ]

Please help, I am somewhat knowledgeable about my computer but I am stumped.:mad: When I run a virus scan or my adaware scan(by lavasoft) my computer freezes. It froze before I put the adaware on there. I have a WALMART computer. HP with windows XP. Can U guys give me any hints?? :)

Email scanning [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Norton internet security 2005 I have disabled the outgoing email scan in antivirus options still its scanning the emails for threads when sending emails is there any solution ? :confused:

Scanning documents [ 1 Answers ]

I want to scan an application form to the computer, preferably to Word, and fill it out on the computer. I can get it to Word, but I can't work on it there. Thanks! rugcutter

Scanning text into a Word XP document [ 4 Answers ]

My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.

View more questions Search