Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TNguy1994 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2012, 11:38 PM
    What visa does my partner need to come to the usa to marry me?
    My fiancé and I are meeting in NYC to be married and then I'm planning to move to England to live with him. Since it's a same sex marriage, is there a visa he'd have to apply for, for us to get married other than the visitor's visa? I want to do this completely legally so that we don't get into any kind of legal troubles.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 05:08 AM
    A tourist visa is all that he needs.but, many residents of the UK for a short visit of 30 days or less do not even need a visa, there is an international agreement among many nations allowing short stays without any.

Visa Waiver Program | Embassy of the United States

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My partner doesn't want to marry me and why are his family racist? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm 33 years old divorced with a young child of eight and of srilankan origin I'm currently in a relationship with my white english boyfriend who is 40 we have been together for nearly a year. Im hoping that he would propose to me but he said that he doesn't want to marry me he can't...

Will bankruptcy affect any future partner I may marry? [ 2 Answers ]

I filed bankruptcy in 2007 after my divorce(due to ex opening up accounts without my knowledge and spending beyond his means) I filed it as they couldn't find my ex and I couldn't pay off the debts he had amassed unknown to me. I would like someday to get married again, but would like to know how...

How to marry with an immigrant in USA? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for 1 year now, he is mexican but he is not here legal. Now we want to get marry and be a family with my kids that love him like me a lot. Now what steps should I take without having immigration taking him back to mexico? We are ready for commitment because we are in...

Need to know what to do to marry my partner who is a candian citizen [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently eangaged to my parner who is a canandian and I am british we are getting married next year what do I have to do for immargration purposes

View more questions Search