Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cccprrk55 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2012, 10:37 AM
    My niece posted on Facebook that I am a golddigging greedy
    My mother-in-law died 21 years ago and now my niece is posting on Facebook that I am a golddigging greedy . She has stated that I have hoarded all her Grandmother's belongs, which my husband (who is the oldest child) and myself are greedy. She even stated that I sold her Grandmother's ring what can I do to stop these lies and stop her from posting them on Facebook.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
    Have u talked to her to find out what is bothering her?

Inform her that u are making copies of all the posts and if she continues to post these lies u will be turning it over to a lawyer.

Chuck

Aug 16, 2012, 10:58 AM
    No she will not talk to us but thank you for your responds and I will let her know that if she keeps posting these lies I will turn it over to my attorney
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 16, 2012, 11:04 AM
    Are they lies or opinions? A lie is saying; "she sold my grandmother's ring." An opinion is I think she is a golddigger. She is entitled to her opinion but not to lie.

Aug 16, 2012, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Are they lies or opinions? A lie is saying; "she sold my grandmother's ring." An opinion is I think she is a golddigger. She is entitled to her opinion but not to lie.

No they are lies she has stated that I have told people and shown them the ring which was buried with my mother-in-law and she has also stated that if and when my husband dies that she and the rest of the family will be coming by to get the ring and the rest of her dead grandmothers belongs. The only thing my husband kept from his mother's belongs was a curio cabinet and a white rocking chair.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 16, 2012, 12:33 PM
    So contact Facebook and report the lies.

Aug 16, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    So contact Facebook and report the lies.
    Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2012, 01:54 PM
    Obviously she heard them from her mom or dad or other family members ? Have you talked to any of them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 16, 2012, 03:31 PM
    21 years is a long time for her to do her own kind of digging!

This is really your husband's job to deflect. If his mother left her possessions to him, then he should tell one of his siblings to zipper the lip of their daughter. If there was no will or no mention of furnishings and curios and jewelry in the will, then the heirs should have worked out the division of items 21 years ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California no will does a half niece receive the same as a niece [ 1 Answers ]

My aunt passed with no will. She had no kids and husband is decede. Her brother (my dad) is the only sibling alive. He has 4 kids. My Aunt & Dad's half sister (who is deceded) has 3 kids. How will her assets be divided? She has about $100,000 in cash, should he go through the courts to be...

Am I being greedy? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone! So my husband and I moved to TX just this past March from NC. He did 8 years in the corps. He's from IN and I'm from OH. I've been with him in NC since 04. Anyway, we go home for X-Mas every year and it works out great because our families are only 5 hours apart despite being in...

View more questions Search