Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mearbhall Posts: 41, Reputation: 16

Aug 16, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Does he regret it..
    My first love visited me this week whom I haven't seen in 12 years though we have been in contact for about 5 (he found me on Facebook). There was an initial flirtation when he got back in touch, but he was married at the time and nothing came of it; even when I was in the same country as him I'd never consider meeting. However, he recently split from his wife (he initiated it), I had split from my boyfriend (and cried on here about it!) around the same time, so we felt the time was right to catch-up...

ANYWAY, we had a great few days and it felt like old times again. Had lots of fun and laughs. One of the nights, we'd admittedly had quite a lot to drink and ended up sleeping together. Some things were said that at least I meant (how special he was to me etc.).

The next day and his last day here, however, when we met up... nothing was said about it! It wasn't awkward, we just sympathised with each other about feeling hungover.. I wasn't expecting a big talk about it or anything, but some recognition would've been nice, I guess. When he left he text me to thank me for a great few days, I returned it and said that I didn't regret anything for a second. He has been in touch a few times since, but has made NO mention of anything happening.

I'm not saying that I want to rekindle a relationship with him. Then again, I'm not sure I don't want that either... I guess I'll just always have feelings for him. I'm not sure if I'd be even ready for a relationship, but I'd hate to think that he regretted what happened with us. I just don't know whether I should even broach the subject, or let it go and forget it happened entirely/enjoy it for a once-off thing. Advice would be appreciated.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 18, 2012, 07:23 PM
    It was fun, you enjoyed it. Now back to reality. Maybe it will happen again. Take it as a ray of hope there can still be fun in your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never Regret here's why... [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, Im not an expert on love or life.. Im 18. Haha But I do know that you should never regret anything in your life. If you do, find a way, anyway to get rid of that regret. This is my story on regret... I was 13 me and this girl made 2 years. Obviously we broke up for a stupid reason because we...

When does he regret it? [ 23 Answers ]

When does he realize that I was the best GF possible? I put up with all of his moods, and did everything for him, (everything... ) with very little reciprocation. Why does he think he is "better off without me?" Why does he say he wants to see if he can be happier with someone else and needs...

Do you think she will Regret this? [ 8 Answers ]

I moved 5 hours away from home, while my girlfriend went to collage. Everything was perfect and fine, and then she hit midterms. The stress gets to her, and we ended up taking a break, but soon after picking up a friend from her own relationship problems, we got right back together. Midterms...

I do something then regret it [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a car and a set of keys when I was thinking about something and then I started to push hard on my skin and make marks I was feeling the pain, but I kind of liked it in a way. :confused: so I had red marks all over my arem. Then when I was done I started to think why I did it... what...

I've done something that I regret [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi my name is laura and I'm from the uk I came across this site just when I was on my laptop. Im only 13 but I have a big problem. I have already had sex with my boyfriend and were not together now but now I'm started to get addicted to it and I look 18 and boys always look at me and flirt with...

View more questions Search