Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ian Gardner Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 11:56 PM
    Temperature adjustment
    My shower is too cold there is a sirrus ts 500 mixer on the outside wall how do I adjust it
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 16, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Give us more info. What brand / type of shower faucet is it ? Do you have this problem all over house or is it located in this plumbing fixture only ? Any (any) work recently done on house plumbing ? Back to you. Milo

Aug 17, 2012, 03:16 AM
    Temperature control
    Thanks Milo for your response. Like I said in the initial post it is a Sirrus TS 500 temperature safety device. It is designed to mix the hot and cold water to the shower to minimize the chance of a child etc from being scolded. There is a plastic cap on the top that you can remove to adjust.You then have small hole but I don't know what tool to use i.e. Allen key or torque wrench Thanks in advance for any advice Ian
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 17, 2012, 05:41 AM
    Hi Jan and welcome to The Plumbing Page at AskMeHelpDesk.com
    I merged your posts and In the future if you have anything to add please add it on to the original thread instead of starting a new one. Thanks, Tom

Aug 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Hi Jan and welcome to The Plumbing Page at AskMeHelpDesk.com
    I merged your posts and In the future if you have anything to add please add it on to the original thread instead of starting a new one. Thanks, Tom
    Oops sorry Tom will do
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
    I am not familiar with the type of faucet you are dealing with - but in general, the temperature control ring in most of today's faucets is under the handle. We remove handle and either toss the ring or adjust it for more / less hot water. Visual would be great ! Back to you. Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fahrenheit temperature as a function of Celsius temperature [ 9 Answers ]

Given that the relationship between the two temperature scales is linear, use the facts that water freezes at 0 degrees C and 32 degrees F and boils at 100 degrees C and 212 degrees F to DERIVE a formula to express Fahrenheit temperature as a function of Celsius temperature. Show the derivation of...

Moen faucet temperature adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Moen faucet in my shower. When I get in the shower the water temp is fine. After a few minutes I have to keep adjusting the hot water to keep it at a comfortable level. It seems as if the hot water is running out, but the kitchen sink which is further away has hot water and so does the...

Temperature increases even after reaching programmed temperature [ 3 Answers ]

I have a NOMA thermostat (model 52-2558-8). After reaching the programmed temperature, the furnace stays on without shutting down (8 degrees before I manually shut it off). Is this a thermostat issue or a furnace problem?

Shower needs temperature limiting adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get the water temperature in the shower to get warm enough. My valve is Rubinet MRBRM0. How can I do the limiting adjustment? (There are no children in the house).

Outside Temperature and Indoor Water Temperature [ 1 Answers ]

I just have a general plumbing question. I live in a 4 year old luxury apartment building downtown and we have had an issue with our water temperature for the past month. (there is no cold/cool water... it is all hot - out of all the faucets). The building management is trying to say that this is...

View more questions Search