Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ravens-Fan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 08:34 AM
    Can diabetics do underwater welding
    I have been a type1 diabetic for 13 years. I am 18 years old and I have taken an interest in underwater welding. An I'm not sure if its relevant, but I am a female.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2012, 09:14 AM
    I'm going to take a stab at this and say no... for this reason, you are likely to be underwater for long periods, and you are going to have big swings in your blood sugar in those situations... and having an episode resulting from low blood sugar while on a dive could prove to be fatal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underwater welding [ 2 Answers ]

I want to learn this trade and make it my profession, I've been a welder for many years but want the oppurtunity to under water weld

Underwater Welding [ 6 Answers ]

How much does it pay to be an underwater welder?

Underwater welding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi people! Can anyone help? I would love to train as an underwater welder but can only find schools in the USA is there anywhere in the UK or Ireland that do this? Please help!

Underwater welding near me? [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one tell me of a underwater welding school in Texas I can't seem to find one when I serch for them?

Underwater welding [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much I can make as an underwater welder I heard you make $850 an h/r on a off shore rig, dive an hour and get paid for 8. that's 6800 a day. I am going to go to school for it,can I make that when I get out. Can I become a millionare?? Were is the most money?

View more questions Search