Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redlipsticklena Posts: 148, Reputation: 0

Aug 14, 2012, 08:25 PM
    Constant 'murmur' in left ear driving me CRAZY!
    33 year old woman -- I had a hearing tests last year and it come back normal at the doctor. She say there's nothing wrong with my ear. BUT there is. She said get a 'white noise machine,' but I don't want that I want this fix... I have a constant murmur sound in my left ear only. It is extremely annoying; only way to describe it is like a murmur, 'trapped air,' or what you hear when you listen to conch shell from the beach. There isn't no pain at all, tried cleaning ears with peroxide and water. If I lay down on that left side or turn head to right side it gets literally blares loud in protest. If twist head all the way left -- sound goes away but comes back when head is facing front. Sigh. Sometimes my hearing will drop lower and then is replaced by a ringing for like 5 min. then THAT stops. But the murmur, can't get rid of it.

The weirdest part: if I squeeze the left side of my neck the sound stops completely but start soon as I let go again. Sometime I have to dothis just to get relief and a quiet moment. What do these symptoms represent and what is this all about. I can't lives like this need to know what is going on. Ty
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 08:50 PM
    It could be something called Tinnitus - MayoClinic.com. If this is a recent development, one of your meds may be causing it.

Aug 15, 2012, 07:46 AM
    Tinnitus is the ringing want to know about the other part too
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 15, 2012, 08:40 AM
    I believe you are hearing something that is part of your physical arrangement of muscles, blood vessels, bones, and moving ear parts. We are all different. I have a lot of arthritis in my neck vertebrae and hear all sorts of crackling 'popcorn' noise every time I move my neck. Yours may be the blood flow of the jugular or carotid, especially if it sort of pulses the way your pulse does.

Aug 16, 2012, 12:50 PM
    Joy -- this isn't a normal part ofmy body it never happened before. If it is blood flow problem it's a problem not something 'everyday' that's normal. Something wrong and I don't know what :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
    Do you have any allergies or sinus problems?

Aug 18, 2012, 12:29 AM
    Yes I have seasonal allergies but this been going on for months.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 18, 2012, 02:01 AM
    OK, I'd wonder about sinus congestion near your ear. Even your eustacian tube that is the drainage from the ear to the back of the throat can get congested. It not only can get congested, it can collapse at the end and fail to drain. Some people with chronic or frequent congestion need antibiotics after months of it, not just decongestants. BUT.. if you don't have discomfort, it wouldn't be wise to take them, or you could become resistant to them when you really need them.
    Albalugo68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2013, 04:18 PM
    I have this same problem going on for weeks now, when I turn my head several times the sound goes away and then comes back immediatelly, same feeling is drivingme crazy now... doctors said is eustacian tube too, and probably would be following your advise of getting meds or at least ask the remedy to avoid an ATTACK of this, this light headache is killing me too... it must be an internal infection... crap! Good luck to you too...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Uneven Ear Pressure and Voice Echo in Left Ear [ 45 Answers ]

Hello, I have some kind of ear condition that I'm seeking answers for. I have to constantly sniff throughout the day to equalize the pressure in my ears. The left ear seems too "open" for lack of a better word and when I sniff it corrects the pressure temporarily. The condition also causes an...

Constant thoughts all day and all night driving me crazy [ 23 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a real hard time lately due to my constant thoughts all day and all night. I have been diagnosed as having anxiety, being bi-polar, and having ADHD. The one symptom of all these illnesses that I have the most trouble with is the fact that I cannot sleep without some sort of meds to...

Lump behind my left ear, constant ringing in my ears [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a lump behind my left ear and it has gotten a little bit larger. It doesn't hurt, but now my ears are always ringing,they tingle and pop a lot.This is starting to effect my sleep. I also have a constant headache , I don't know if this is related to my ears or the bulging disc in my neck...

View more questions Search