Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 14, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Chopper Motor Bike Question
    Hey Guys,
    I built me a chopper out of a Kulana model "Moon Dog" Beach Cruiser (see images) This is powered by a two stroke bicycle motor. When it first went on the road it would reach 45 MPH and had a lot of power for a small motor. Now I can barely get up to 25 at full throttle and a small hill or a stiff breeze will slow me down to the point of having to pedal to get any speed, It seems to have good compression and it idles great, What's going on? Why have I lost power. Could be a muffler chocked with carbon? Could it be the carburetor? Any thoughts? Thanks. Tom
    PS, Due to advancing age I don't ride motorcycles any more but 40 years agon I had me a 55 Pan Head and an 48 Indian chopper.
    Live to ride*** Ride to live I miss my scooters!!
    Attached Images

Eternal Plumber

Aug 19, 2012, 08:50 AM
    I found the problem! t was a faulty head gasket that was losing compression.
    I got to say this guys. This question has been up for 5 days with no response. Over at my page we jump on the question as soon as it's posted. 5 days is making the OP wait too long. Regards, Tom
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 20, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Now I'm looking for a extended chopper forks. However, I need to know if I need the 1" or 1 1/8" post. Does anyone know any info on a Kulana "Moon Dog" model Bike. Thanks, Tom
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2012, 03:47 PM
    I think you are the expert here, perhaps you need to start checking these pages.

How about some more photos, I love this, which I had one. I am going out to buy me just a bicycle today, it has to beat walking everywhere.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Keep souping it up and you will be able to go faster than the old folks drive their Buicks and Crown Vics in Sarasota.
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 21, 2012, 08:18 AM
    Hey Chuck! You're going to China? How cool is that? Come back with lots of pictures and tell us all about it. Have a safe trip.
    Hey Brain,
    Keep souping it up and you will be able to go faster than the old folks drive their Buicks and Crown Vics in Sarasota.
    I did modify the motor to give it more zip and the other day I blew by an car tooting my horn and laughing like crazy.
    Extending the forks and swapping the 26" front wheel for a 24" one will be the final stage of my build. I'll post pictures when it's done,

Chuck, When you get your new bicycle let me walk you through converting it to a motor bike. I guarantee that tooling around on a motor bike will be the most fun you'll ever have with your pants still on,
    I'm a old outlaw biker from way back.OUTLAWS FOREVER ** FOREVER OUTLAWS--- LIVE TO RIDE--- RIDE TO LIVE! Tom
    Attached Images

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2012, 01:43 AM
    Actually I am here, been here a month. Got the bicycle yesterday, it is a life saver, gets me around so much easier than walking everywhere ( within the local area)

The bus service is second to none, so we can get around anywhere on bus.

You can follow me on my blog if you want. We will be over here for at least a year. I will be working here.

Here is my bike, had to do low budget, had to buy Toni, Nate and I all bikes. These were just @ 380 RMB each. Toni's has a small seat over the rear tire, for a passenger,

Mine was another issue, this was the only bike in stock, that the seat would go up high enough for me to ride..
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motor bike - licence. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, could you please tell me how you go about getting your motor bike licence? Specifically, are there limitations on engine size for your first motor bike, or age restrictions? Is there a learners bike licence or just one type? What type of exam must you do to get a motor bike licence? I know...

Motor bike shipping? Is it possible? [ 0 Answers ]

I've heard that it cannot be done but I'm pretty sure it can. But I don't really know so I was hopping you guys can clear it for me. So, I wanted to buy a motor bike when I travel India next summer. It's a lot cheaper there. I was wondering if its possible, or allowed that you can ship it back to...

Chainsaw, weedwacker, or other motor on bike? [ 8 Answers ]

I want to put a motor on a mountain bike, I need some transportation. But I don't know which is best, Im leaning towards a chainsaw motor because it has more horsepower. Oh you, also if its possible Id like to hook up a Lever, that disengages the pedals/chainsaw motor, so that the pedals aren't...

Weed wacker motor on bike [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stick a weed wacker motor on my bike and use a brake lever as the accelerator?

View more questions Search