Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Genis Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Ballet VS pointe
    Hello I really need advice on ballet. I have no experience and would like to start taking lessons this September. I would one day really love to do pointe! How many years of training do I need? And is it too late: I'll be a freshman this year! Please help! Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 01:19 PM
    You are never to old to start learning, We have had women as old as 25 ( yes a old lady LOL) come in to our school to learn. Now yes many start at 2 or 3 or 4 years old, so at your age will many girls your age have years and years of experience ? Yes, will 1000's of girls your age have started and quit. About 9 out of 10 people who start class quit within first year.

Will you ever be the best, how much are you willing to do this, will you get up two hours early every morning and practice, will you neglect social activities at school and practice, if so, you will gain on those who have done it from early youth. If not, you will learn and be a average dancer who will enjoy doing it
    Genis Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2012, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You are never to old to start learning, We have had women as old as 25 ( yes a old lady LOL) come in to our school to learn. Now yes many start at 2 or 3 or 4 years old, so at your age will many girls your age have years and years of experience ? yes, will 1000's of girls your age have started and quit. About 9 out of 10 people who start class quit within first year.

Will you ever be the best, how much are you willing to do this, will you get up two hours early every morning and practice, will you neglect social activities at school and practice, if so, you will gain on those who have done it from early youth. If not, you will learn and be a average dancer who will enjoy doing it
    Thank you so so so much for this information, it was actually quite touching :)I can't wait to start!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I go on pointe? [ 0 Answers ]

Would it be safe to but pointe shoes without an instructors consent?

How can I strengthen my ankles for when I do pointe? [ 1 Answers ]

My ankles are quite weak and I am wobbly in my pointe shoes and I feel quite unsafe. How can I strengthen my ankles for when I do my pointe class?

Ballet truths? [ 9 Answers ]

Is it true that if you are a ballet dancer Your mostly likely to be skinny And not have a curvy figure I have 2 hour long ballet lessons twice a week And I'm 15 and I'm very uncurvy What can help?

View more questions Search