Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojo114 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2007, 11:52 AM
    I don't trust my friend
    OK here I go me and my friends were like about 15 and like to do crazy stuffs like drink and all ,but the thing is I have one friend that is sort of just so right like she's so right that she respects everyone and would not do anything crazy if its not acceptable (boring) anyway once at our launch table we asked her if she would ever drink and she said no no no if I ever see you guys drinking I am going to tell my parents.in my head I was like hello your like so not fun.(by the way this is not an alcoholic problem)

So here I am going to have a sleepover at my house this Friday and were not going to drink to the part were we die but you know were going to drink to have fun.and I am not inviting her cause I don't think that she should be invited if she's going to be so boring. Comon for teenagers out there its fun to drink and for adults reading this don't lie to yourself you did it at least once I am not saying its good but its fun a couple of drinks. So I would like to know your advice its not too late to invite her tell me what you think:)
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 6, 2007, 12:01 PM
    First off I just have to say that you are being extremely immature. 15 year olds should not be drinking-period. Where are your parents when your doing this?
    I think your "friend" is probably the smartest, and probably the most sane, girl in the group. Maybe you should quit trying to pressure her into being something she's not? I mean, just a thought. She's taking a stand for something she believes in, for whatever her reasons. And that should be respected, not shunned. If I knew you girls, I'd be sure to tell your parents-It is possible to have fun without drinking. Anyway, if you keep drinking like you are, it's not going to be any fun when your actually of legal age!
    aprilj Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo114
    ok here i go me and my friends were like about 15 and like to do crazy stuffs like drink and all ,but the thing is i have one friend that is sort of just so right like shes so right that she respects everyone and would not do anything crazy if its not acceptable (boring) anyways once at our launch table we asked her if she would ever drink and she said no no no if i ever see you guys drinking iam going to tell my parents.in my head i was like hello your like so not fun.(by the way this is not an alcoholic problem)

so here iam going to have a sleepover at my house this friday and were not gona drink to the part were we die but you know were gona drink to have fun.and iam not inviting her cause i dont think that she should be invited if shes gona be so boring. comon for teenagers out there its fun to drink and for adults reading this dont lie to yourself you did it at least once iam not saying its good but its fun a couple of drinks. so i would like to know your advice its not too late to invite her tell me what you think:)
    What you see now as "boring" in your friend is actually maturity. At your age you think drinking is fun and cool and acceptable, but in reality it isn't. How do you think kids that are now druggies and alkies start? At slumber parties drinking for fun is how. As the old saying goes it is harder to say know and stand alone than it is to join the pack. Stand alone for once, be different, be the one that says it isn't cool to drink. Why do you want to just follow along with the rest of the herd? Drinking at your age isn't cool and believe me it isn't attractive either. You friend will find new more responsible friends and when your standing outside at school with your cigarette with your drunky friends, she won't even give you the time of day, because I know I wouldn't. Just my opinion. I was the one in school that said no, and it paid off
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iwishiwasdifferent
    you guys suck am i the only one that thinks getting hi and getting drunk is cool when i see one my friends with benefites start drinking i get so turned on i am 15 years old and i will admit i have a messed up life but my life is fun and no ones going to stop thatand yes drinking and smoking is attractive or i wouldnt have to go to the store every other day to pick up condoms SNITCHES GET STICHES AND END UP IN DITCHES thats all there is to it if she can't make anyone stop drinking all she can do is wine about it talk to my mom ill let u guys talk to her right now when she gets from the gastation pickin up my cigirettes god she knows how to take along time to lol i swear what gastation is she going to its been like half an hour u guys are lame and dont know how to have a good timei have a little ryme that sums up my life im drinkin all day and im smokin all nite i smoke it out of a joint blunt bong or in a pipe

What is with you kids?? I was a rebelious kid, but--i don't even know what to call you guys--this is just so stupid I don't even want to think about it anymore.

Mar 6, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Well that is great that you think drinking and getting high is cool. Apparently it has done wonders for you while you are at the "gastation" which I don't even know what that is. Apparently we need a new slogan out their for half witted tarts... DRINKING AND GETTING HIGH WILL ALLOW YOU THE INCREDIBLE ABILITY TO MAKE UP WORDS THAT NO ONE KNOWS... WHAT THE HELL THEY MEAN!! The next time you are sitting around in your basement with you 40 and your blunt, why don't you grab a pen and paper and work on your spelling. I would say your pathetic, but I doubt you would know the meaning to that.

Mar 6, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Guys can we plaese stop this am the one having aa problem here I don't know if I should invite this friend if you want just to make you guys happy I won't drink too much and ill never become alcoholic please guys when ill be older ill look back and say I was pretty stupid OK its settled drinking is fun I admit but not to the point where you die and it becomes dangerouse I am not immature I am a very responsible girl OK I think that the doing the right think is best I just wanted to know other peoples advice lets not turn it into a war game peace
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Hun, it is just that alcoholics start this way. You are ruining your brain and other internal organs because you are drinking at this age.

Sure you don't think about it now, but when you are older and have chirrosis of the liver, heart disease, and many other diseases related to drinking during your developmental years, you will realize it then.

Your friend is the mature one here. She realizes that this is not good for her health. I only hope you realize this before it is too late.

Mar 6, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Jojo- it is obvious that you have made your decision and you see nothing wrong with your actions. I will talk to you on your next question... which will be, my friend and I were drinking and we just got our license and my friend drove home AND IS NOW DEAD. Should I blame myself? See you then, because apparently you won't learn a lession until you lose one of your friends. Then we will see how cool and fun it is to go to a funeral of a friend that you can't even recognize anymore because her head went through the windshield. Have a great slumber party.

Mar 6, 2007, 01:12 PM
    No you know what April you are wrong I am not imature and I have not made the wrong decision cause making the wrong decision would be drinking outa hand and getting crazy no that's not what I will do never ever neither will I become a druggie a alki or anything you want to call it I come on this site to get advice not to be judged and you know what since your advice makes perfect sense I might just use it OK

Mar 6, 2007, 01:18 PM
    JOJO sometimes the best advise is the ones you can't stand to hear, because they hurt. Iam so glad that you will think about taking my advise, it means that there is definitely hope for you. Take care, be strong and every time you do something, sit back for 10 seconds and think... could what im about to do hurt me or anyone else. If the answer is yes, then don't do it. Iam not judging you at all, I have no place to do that. All I'm doing is putting it out there, my efforts may seem a little cold, but they are reality and I know that hurts. Im talking from experience, losing a friend in high school is hard, I don't wish that on anyone.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Jojo, you have actually received some very caring advice here. I know you don't want to hear it but, that is what happens when you post on a public forum.

I am not going to add to that advice. I will answer your question. No, do not invite this girl to your party. You need to reread your original post. I am not lying to myself. I didn't drink when I was your age. My parents used to throw parties at their house and invite their friends. Watching adults get drunk was a real turn off to me. I like being in control of myself and being aware of my actions. As for your friend, you really are not her friend if you speak about her that way. Spare her the insults and grief you will give her when she won't go along with your plans. Please don't invite her. She may be hurt at being excluded but at least she won't have to put up with your insulting her and putting her down in front of everyone if she is there.
    nindzha Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Mar 6, 2007, 03:39 PM
    First of all let me say when I read this thread through it made me laughing my guts out.!

You all attacked the poor little girl. I think that she could be well aweared of what alchocol does to people. When I was 15 I drank every Friday I always knew my limits and its potential problems. Well this truly depends on a person but she said she knows what she is doing and I think that people at 15 can be smart and responseble in some limits.
    So please people don't PANIC!

For my answer to you about your friend let give this piece of advice:
    People are very difrent some are easygoing and some energetic like you are.
    If she was truly your firend you would invited here before thinking twice amd you would speak about here with a little "dignity".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend's parents don't trust us. [ 2 Answers ]

Well Lets see , I'm katrina and I'm 15. Iv'e been dating this guy for 1 year and 3 months. It has gone by so fast and we have a very good relationship. I can't get his parents to trust me though.. Iv'e tried everything. He's such a sweet guy and I love him more than anything. But his parents are...

Can I trust? [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I have been getting some mails saying that you have won a lottery... I have selected you from your country to invest money... I m going to die and I've selected you as my... like this. What's all this nonsense... Does anyone give money for free like this? Or Is it true...

How do you trust again. [ 15 Answers ]

Hey guys just a quick one? As some of you may know my last relationship ended it in disaster lol, but aside from that, how do you trust the new person you are with when you are so scared that the past will repeat itself. I mean I met this awsome person but I can't seem to trust her or...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

Can I trust myself? [ 1 Answers ]

I think I'm beginning to fall for a friend of mine. I don't want to make any moves unless I'm sure because we're in a wonderful group and I'd hate to ruin the dynamic. I can tell that we've begun to feel each other out for the change in our relationship, but I'm not sure what message I should...

View more questions Search