Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handsome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Do we Need another American Revolution?
    Do we need another American Revolution, why or why not?
    What is your opinion?
    MadamButterfly Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Mar 6, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Personally, I think we need a social revolution, a twenty-first century cultural, musical, and wonderfully artsy Renaissance... then again, America needs many things... free healthcare, more funding for public schools, a better form of government (you are free to interpret that in any way you like)... etc. etc. ad nauseum.

-m
    nourish Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Mar 9, 2007, 12:56 AM
    Good question. Yes, it's about time. There has been mistake after mistake in the leadership and Iraq, just to name two.

But... for a positive about our president, he is pro-life and pro-war. No hypocrite there.

And, for love and peace, they can coexist if persons use the power of the dollar (or lack of it in funding the Iraq and subsequent Afghanistan fiasco) in Congress to send a clear message that this war is a mistake. Want change? Bring more power to the farmers in these countries and redesign a way of living through alternative crops - not poppys. Recognize their beliefs/religion is theirs alone to bring meaning. And that we could assist through teaching how to create a new judicial system where persons feel they can go to their authorities and get consistent and fair hearing.

Yes, it is time for revolution. Write congressman, as well as your local representatives, to give a voice of concern for this great society.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Mar 10, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Are you asking if we need a new constitution? Then no. America has it's problems. We will never be a perfect contry. May be if everyone would be an informed voter, then we would be better off. A revolution? Going a bit too far I think.
    Pirate Poet Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 1, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Of course we do. It's been needed for some time now. Maybe not a new constitution but we need some form of government (or a government authority) who will follow our constitution and not interpret it in a way that only benefits themselves and not the people... The People are the ones who are supposed to be the power anyhow and it would seem that we've had no say in our government for sometime now.
    Sam DePecan Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 12:38 PM
    We need another American Revolution and we are going to have one; beginning sooner than you might expect. It is nothing at all to do with the War in Iraq. That is nothing. It is about our freedoms that we are losing every, every, everyday. We have so many laws and we never really enforce the ones that make any sense at all. We need those 50 Caliber Machine Guns (HMGs) that the U. S. Department of Defense is about to turn over to us. Believe me, the USDoD is very much upset, also, with what is going on in this hell-hole of a worthless, sorry country. Remember those 26-High-Ranking Officials (both military and civilian) that took early retirement back during the Clinton Fiasco? Well, they are all still very much alive.. . Alive and well, may I add? This time the Defense Department will be on our side and for sure; it is NOT going to be any kind of "Boston Tea Party!" We are going to experience the loss of several thousands of Americans right here on our home turf. Perhaps hundreds of thousands over a 5-to-6-year period. I will probably be one of those who will go early. I will be out there in the front; so to speak.. . Like Colonel Travis.. . No doubt. Anyway, I am ready! Let's get it on! Let's preserve our future generations NOW!! :)
    caliwebman Posts: 4, Reputation: 4

Jul 11, 2008, 07:16 AM
    YES, WE, THE PEOPLE, DO!

THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION 2 HAS IN FACT COMMENCED ITS BEGINNING.

By the very decree that our nation was founded, and based upon near identical reasons for the birth of our great nation and the cause by which the 1st American Revolution began, WE, THE PEOPLE, have begun the process by which shall return America to her original, free-will, privacy respecting and peacefully diverse nation based upon a strongly respected, and fully upheld constitution.

It is with distinguished dignity and of truthful, moral conduct in standing, that I, Scott Bruno, hereby state, "GAME ON".

So, now, I ask unto YOU, THE PEOPLE, will you continue to stand by passively watching like nearly all of you have done so for so long? This IS America's FINAL WAKEUP CALL.

I am hear to spark such cause. In this FINAL WAKE UP CALL I shall clearly outline the MANY reasons supporting the cause, I shall do so in an orderly fashion, it shall be executed publicly for all ears to claim hear upon, and WE, THE PEOPLE, SHALL DEMAND SUCH NEEDED CHANGES AND DO SO WITH THE UTMOST OF SWIFTNESS IN MIND, BODY AND SOUL. This movement shall strive in its excellence to maintain a peaceful status in nature, albeit we WILL NOT sacrifice our freedoms, losses of privacy, and nor our imprisonment of our very free-will, as WE, THE PEOPLE, shall stand steadfast in arms should such movements witness reactions of power, fear tactics, control and/or violence in opposition of our goals.

And so I ask YOU, THE PEOPLE, to STAND TALL, to GET UP, and let for each of us to become a HUGELY important piece of the history yet to commence.

TO MAINTAIN OUR PLEDGE TO THIS CAUSE WE, THE PEOPLE, WILL BE ENABLED IN THE PUBLICS EYE, AND FOR THE PUBLICS LOVE FOR COUNTRY AT THIS ALL NEW WEBSITE WHICH SHALL LAUNCH IMMEDIATELY. BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBSITE, REGISTER YOURSELF AT THE WEBSITE, BOOKMARK THE WEBSITE, AND PREPARE TO PUBLICLY BRING TO BARE THE RETURN OF OUR NATION TO ITS TRUE, ORIGINAL CONSTITUTION. YOU MAY EXECUTE YOUR FREEDOM OF THIS CHOICE AT OUR NEW HOME, YOUR NEW HOME NOW LAUNCHING AT HTTP://WWW.AMERICANREVOLUTION2.COM

VISIT - REGISTER - BOOKMARK - BECOME INVOLVED

HTTP://WWW.AMERICANREVOLUTION2.COM

Sincerely,

Scott Bruno
    Service Connected War Disabled American Veteran of the Armed Forces Since 2007.
    Shaggy420 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 5, 2008, 10:35 PM
    Yes, The Government has become far too large and intrusive. They violate the constitution on almost a daily basis passing laws the constitution has not given them the power to make.

"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation and foreign commerce."

James Madison, Federalist No. 45
    Revolutionary35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2009, 06:20 PM

I am most definitely siding with the rebels on this one I am only of teenage years but willing to go and fight right now if it was possible and it is if you believe we should rise up please post it.
    Shaggy420 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangdoodle View Post
    Are you asking if we need a new constitution? Then no. America has it's problems. We will never be a perfect contry. May be if everyone would be an informed voter, then we would be better off. A revolution? Going a bit too far I think.
    That actually the exact opposite of what people are saying - we need to enforce the constitution and take back the freedoms the constitution provides for us
    caliwebman Posts: 4, Reputation: 4

Nov 21, 2009, 11:08 PM
    Allow for me to clarify that in this message which I posted, there is absolutely ZERO intent for such motive to include the act of violence. I am against ALL forms of violence and believe that Free-will, Privacy and our Freedoms can be re-secured, re-enabled and then carefully maintained without the use of violence. In fact, I don't just believe this, I know this.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by caliwebman View Post
    YES, WE, THE PEOPLE, DO!

THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION 2 HAS IN FACT COMMENCED ITS BEGINNING.

By the very decree that our nation was founded, and based upon near identical reasons for the birth of our great nation and the cause by which the 1st American Revolution began, WE, THE PEOPLE, have begun the process by which shall return America to her original, free-will, privacy respecting and peacefully diverse nation based upon a strongly respected, and fully upheld constitution.

It is with distinguished dignity and of truthful, moral conduct in standing, that I, Scott Bruno, hereby state, "GAME ON".

So, now, I ask unto YOU, THE PEOPLE, will you continue to stand by passively watching like nearly all of you have done so for so long? This IS America's FINAL WAKEUP CALL.

I am hear to spark such cause. In this FINAL WAKE UP CALL I shall clearly outline the MANY reasons supporting the cause, I shall do so in an orderly fashion, it shall be executed publicly for all ears to claim hear upon, and WE, THE PEOPLE, SHALL DEMAND SUCH NEEDED CHANGES AND DO SO WITH THE UTMOST OF SWIFTNESS IN MIND, BODY AND SOUL. This movement shall strive in its excellence to maintain a peaceful status in nature, albeit we WILL NOT sacrafice our freedoms, losses of privacy, and nor our imprisonment of our very free-will, as WE, THE PEOPLE, shall stand steadfast in arms should such movements witness reactions of power, fear tactics, control and/or violence in opposition of our goals.

And so I ask YOU, THE PEOPLE, to STAND TALL, to GET UP, and let for each of us to become a HUGELY important piece of the history yet to commence.

TO MAINTAIN OUR PLEDGE TO THIS CAUSE WE, THE PEOPLE, WILL BE ENABLED IN THE PUBLICS EYE, AND FOR THE PUBLICS LOVE FOR COUNTRY AT THIS ALL NEW WEBSITE WHICH SHALL LAUNCH IMMEDIATELY. BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBSITE, REGISTER YOURSELF AT THE WEBSITE, BOOKMARK THE WEBSITE, AND PREPARE TO PUBLICLY BRING TO BARE THE RETURN OF OUR NATION TO ITS TRUE, ORIGINAL CONSTITUTION. YOU MAY EXECUTE YOUR FREEDOM OF THIS CHOICE AT OUR NEW HOME, YOUR NEW HOME NOW LAUNCHING AT HTTP://WWW.AMERICANREVOLUTION2.COM

VISIT - REGISTER - BOOKMARK - BECOME INVOLVED

HTTP://WWW.AMERICANREVOLUTION2.COM

Sincerely,

Scott Bruno
    Service Connected War Disabled American Veteran of the Armed Forces Since 2007.
    geneb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 10:47 PM
    Well this is my opinion. America is no longer the land of the free. We are rapidly turing into a dictatorship. Our current government no longer care about its citizens only big busnisses. So.. what I think should happen is.. we the citizens should unite, overthrow the government and all its parts and counter parts.. and implement a new government. Also.. we need to do away with our current constitution and go back to the uncorrupted original.
    America has become the laughing stock of the world with its lands for sale to the highest buidder ( china and japan mainly) I am ashamed to call myself an american citizen and I spit at the current government and america as it is today. Right now the way this country is.. we deserve what ever happens to it.. we the people are to blame. We the people have become cowards and allowed this jake of a government to have too much power over us and our lives. We need to start and fulfill a national citizen revolution and do it soon... timing is running out before the government really bends us over
    fooked Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 12:39 AM
    All too true we have needed this for some time, Everything the founding fathers warned about has come to pass.. by their definition we are slaves.
    First and foremost I agree we need to go back the original constitution. But its not as simple as that... there are things that fundamentally make this country the prefect environment for the growth of Degenerate parasites, we need to throw out the freedom ifringing legislation, along with the IRS, and take back the federal reserve. Taxes were never meant to be charged on our wages, Its illegal, we are not GAINING anything.. we TRADE labor, time and skills for money.. this is not a capital gain, and should not be subject to income taxes, but maybe sales taxe, taxes were meant to be charged on the sale of goods, and on profit from buying and selling. We are not making a profit when we work we are trading one thing for another so unless you are making twice the industry standard at your job taxing your labor is SLAVERY. The laws and definitions of the U.S. before they were changed by puppet politician on the strings of big business, explicitly state this. Also Any wage tax that takes anything more than 30% is historically recognized Peonage ( a form of slavery) basically like a medieval surf.

Legislation is a joke People are charged and punished for crimes everyday that the corporate elite and leaders in government are practically immuned to. The core problem in this country is the system of allowing politicians to take bribes, Letting them lie and deceive with impunity and worst of all putting the interests of contributors before the interests of the people... this to me makes them Enemies of the people of the U.S.
    The acceptance of complete and total deception on our part , such as being a "good speaker" how many times have I heard this, and watch some guy who is a master at lies and deception, win over people and elections based on how well the can deceive, and through underhanded manipulation. Lobbying, Campaign contribution, allowing elections to be funded through personal wealth and (bribes) donations. All of this should be made illegal, and punished with extreme prujudice. Anytime a politician speaks publicly his words should be treated as if he was unter oath imo. There is FARtoo much freedom in political offices.
    This country was founded on the ability to self govern... that is non existent. Also I believe that misinformation is a crime against the people, misleading people one way or another through propaganda, or control over the media, is blatant Fraud. How sad and pathetic we are to have literally accepted all of these blatantly hypocritical practices and consider them normal operations of legit govt... Its our own fault, as well as OUR responsibility to fix it...
    Social mind manipulation through TV, MUSIC, films has done an excellent job at telling people what to think and how to feel.
    Although in the peoples defense it is tough when your CONSTANTLY being sheltered mislead brainwashed and deceived everywhere you look. I know that for myself it takes a lot of passion to resist these forces, but it is our duty to seek out the truth and Fight against the injustices that have been LEGALIZED in this the once great America... now a Semi fascist totalitarian oppressive. If you keep supporting it with your taxes and loyalty then you are just as guilty as the criminal politicians. You owe it to each soldier who's blood sweat and tears paid for those freedoms you owe it to us to yourself and to future generations.
    dan0011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 07:09 AM
    I think that we the people should fire all the senators and congressman and hold a lottery system with names of colledge professors and tell them they have no choice but to searve in these possitions(drafted) until a new ellection could be done with campaign reform in place. We need to implant a law that states that taking money from speical interest groups is conciderd treeson and punishable by death. I believe in capitalism I just think that the corruption is too embeded we just need a good house cleaning.
    stormreaper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 04:02 PM

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

It is no longer "For the people, By the people.." It is now "For the government, For the corporations..." How can we claim to be the land of the free when our very "freedom" is being traded away in laws that protect the ones who wish to do us harm?

The government we have stopped caring about "THE PEOPLE" and are self serving hypocrites... They want to take our right to bear arms and many other rights... I say they deserve a revolution against them, an American uprising, to remind them that we are THE PEOPLE, we put them in office, we can take them out... Walk on our rights and you will find yourself at the end of a good old American war on your hands..
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by handsome View Post
    Do we need another American Revolution, why or why not?
    What is your opinion?
    Hello h:

Yeah, we do. It would be AGAINST the people who've taken my rights, and the ones who would take up arms against me.

I lost my Fourth, Fifth, Eighth and Fourteenth Amendment rights under the fascist George W. Bush. Where were the tea baggers then?? Now they complain about losing their Second Amendment rights, when all Obama has done in terms of gun rights, is to STRENGTHEN them.

But, it's cool if you want to believe the tea party crap, cause if you come after me, be ready for a battle. I believe in the Second Amendment too.

excon
    Barnz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 07:22 AM
    I see all around me empty homes, abandoned houses (upstate NY) & I see homeless people, not necessarily bums. Just pple who are going through the worst times. Can we fill these empty homes w/ the homeless? No, because individual greed can't put 1 & 1 together. I see around me people, way too many people. Our population is growing out of control around the world. Like a locust swarm, once there are too many of us & all we do is see, breath & eat eachothers ****, is when we'll swarm. Something needs to trigger a revolution. A depression won't do it. I've been living in a depression for 20 years already. I work hard & have nothing much to show for it. What about redistribution of wealth? How are some people getting paid triple digit salaries doing less work than a person getting paid 10k a year? I'd rather pick up a rifle & fight & die for your future, for my daughters future, than pick up a shovel & dig my way to death for 10k a year. I have a dept of 12k atm & for me it's impossible to pay. & each month it gets deeps & deeper. Eventually it'll get to 100,00k & I'll be long dead. Credit Score? Pfff give it a rest. I actually hope that the foreign investors withdraw all money from our hemisphere & let us go into a truly deep & devastating economic collapse. I want to see the millioniair, billionair live the life I live.
    th5236 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 08:48 PM
    Yes, I think our government should be overthrown and replaced with a direct democracy instead of the current representative democracy. In a direct democracy the people, not the political leaders, vote on laws and bills. This country was founded 300 years ago when there was no internet. At the time it was practical for people to have representatives who would represent them, go to Washington, and vote on laws. But now with instant communication there is no need for that. A direct democracy is the best way for the people to get what they want instead of having people who don't truly represent them making all of the decisions. Replacing the current government is difficult though because the people with the power to do so would have to vote themselves out of power. This is very unlikely to happen.
    weneedtowakeup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 11:06 PM
    The only thing I'm sure of is that America needs change. Our whole slate needs to be wiped clean. Our government has turned into socialism and communism, and our constitution is no longer being followed.
    The human kind is destroying the world. We need to stop building things NOW. Cars, houses, factories, everything. Only change can come from the barrel of a gun and the point on a pen. We must open the eyes of the blinded to show them the truth of this world. Not just America needs a revolution, the entire human race needs one.

We need to focus on what really matters:

Every day in America, a child is sexually abused by a family member- this is so ****ing disgusting. How and why did we ever let this start happening? Evil people must die. Doing this to a child will ruin their whole life. Child molesters, rapists, and sex offenders should all be killed. And no, I've never been sexually abused myself.

Who gives a **** about what people think of you on Facebook, shouldn't you be spending your time on something that will have a progress to it? Like growing your own fruits and vegetables. If we all did this, there'd be a lot less semi-trucks driving around, delivering stock to groceries stores, meaning; there'd be a lot less pollution. And who gives a **** about expensive cars, or money for that matter. You ****ing greedy *** bastards who just want more and more things, more and more toys, more and more video games, you're all idiots. You only need what you can use.

We've been digging a hole since we settled here, it all started when we killed the indians. We'd be so much better off if we lived like them. Instead we waste land, destroy nature and fill our heads with ideas of nonsense. The idea of money is nonsense, it was invented by greed.

We make ourselves weak by carrying the weak around with us. Those that aren't healthy enough to live should just die. Those who refuse to work and live off the work of others should be dead. If they can't work because of a physical handicap and a family member dedicates their life to take care of them, then that's fine, but people who don't do **** to help human kind do not deserve to be part of it. I despise those who live off the government because of some pathetic pension. Taxes are dumb to me. The fact that there are people who work and are forced to give away their money to keep some elderly person alive who shouldn't be alive is just ridiculous. I'm not saying, pull the plug on everyone who gets sick or gets cancer, I'm saying those who do get sick should be able to take care of it themselves. It's their responsibility. If they want help, they should have helped somebody earlier in their life when they were healthy so that that person would want and be willing to help them. It works in a circle.

The problem with America is that nobody realizes what's really going on, and the few that do don't try and tell the others who are sucked in by media and the lies of the world because they are afraid to be seen as crazy. Either you're ignorant to it all, you ignore it all or you fear it all. Well, I don't care if people think I'm crazy, here's the truth:

They have found a cure to cancer, they won't release it because 86% of the people in debt to hospitals are in debt because of their cancer. The medical system makes too much money to release the cure. Stop talking on your cell phones so much, they emit radiation and it will cause cancer. A raw diet as been proven to cure cancer. The`natural foods the come from the ground on this earth were designed for us to eat, so stop eating processed foods, fast food, canned food and all that. Fresh food is the cure. Know where your food comes from. Everyone is way too ****ing lazy these days. That's our downfall.

If you wish to contact me, my email is [email protected], I am human and I am here to help other humans and lead the world to peace and harmony.
    ihateschool Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 07:14 PM
    I think this country Severely needs a revolution to throw the Fatcats down(Corporations).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does she become American like me? [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé is a Canada native.. She wants to live here in the USA with me, I'm an American how do we take care of this situation?. I'm enlisted in the Us Navy, and I'm going to ship out in January... Can she stay in base with me? While the paper work is pending? Cause I also did a K-1 it's in...

French and English Revolution [ 1 Answers ]

I have essya to write and I don't

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

Revolution topical medication for guinea pigs? [ 1 Answers ]

We have three guinea pigs. The older one is very sick and is being treated by the vet for Sarcoptic Mange (mites) and a kidney disease. The younger two show no signs of the mites and seem perfectly healthy. Obviously, they must be treated but, frankly, the shots from the vet are too expensive. ...

View more questions Search