Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rob1115 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 10:18 PM
    What size of beam do I use?
    Hi I am replacing a deck, and I am not sure what size of beam to use. The piers are ten feet apart and the deck height is twenty inches at top of joists. I was going to use 2 x 10 joist with three laminated
    2 x 10s for the beam, giving me only inch and half under the beam. Can I use 3 laminated 2 x 8s instead? Thanks Rob

Check out some similar questions!

What size laminated beam do I need to span 20' for my basement beam? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a one story ranch and want to eliminate the columns in a section of my basement. The beam will need to support the 2x8 floor joists which are 12' 6" from column to wall. What size beam will I need?

I or H beam size [ 9 Answers ]

I am wishing to make a deer pole, It will be on my barn and it will need to support approx. 500-750 pounds.The deer are large here! No but the overkill is for safety and a trolley type of lift I will be attaching to this beam.This beam will be cantilevered from the end wall a full 8 foot.My truss...

Beam size [ 1 Answers ]

What size bean would I require to span 12meters for a steel shed, it is used on the roof

Size of beam [ 2 Answers ]

How big a beam do I need for a span of 12 feet, for a patio roof?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.