Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nikke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Swollen, and heavy
    Ugh. For the last few days, I've had this weird, uncomfortable feeling that my skin is too tight or that I'm all swollen. My feet and legs feel as if I'm wearing very tight socks, even when they are bare. My hands feel very tight and swollen when I clench them. My arms and legs feel heavy and it feels like I have extra-hard muscles. Even my face and eyes feel tight and swollen. However, I haven't gained any weight. I suffer from HBP but I am taking my medication every day.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Mar 6, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Sounds like you are retaining water badly. Have you talked to the doctor that your seeing for your high blood pressure? They may be able to give you some water pills to help with it. Make sure you are not eating foods that are high in sodium.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Yes, you need to get in to the doctor right away.

Do you have any other health problems? Diabetes? CHF?

These are warning signs. And Kanicky is correct in that you are retaining water and it could be, and most likely is, from sodium intake.

See, one thing we learned in the first semester of nursing school is: Where "sodium goes, water goes" So, if you are retaining water, you surely have high levels of sodium in your system.

Please make a doctor's appointment, get checked for Diabetes if you have not. This is also not good for your BP. Please get in as soon as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen urethra ? [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I've had this problem for a very long time. It's extremely embarrassing because I am 16 years old, and I don't know if it's possible to see a doctor about it without anyone knowing or something like that... Well what it is, is that on my penis hole (urethra) and then about a 1/5th of...

Swollen Breasts [ 2 Answers ]

I think I might be pregnant, I seem to have most of the signs, but swollen/sore breasts. I have been researching this online A lot and every site I read says that should have been one of my first septums. I really don't and to get myself excited to think I am until I know and I am going to go get...

Swollen vain [ 2 Answers ]

My husband wanted me to find out if this is normal he has a vain on his testical that is swollen and its very dark. Is this normal?

View more questions Search