Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcvinnka02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 07:47 PM
    Severe pain after wisdom teeth extraction
    I had my wisdom teeth out August 1st and I was in a lot of paIn but it's gotten worse. My breathe smells awful and I have to take ibeuprophen 24/7 just to not cry. I can't open my mouth fully and my ears hurt so bad I want to cry. Could this be somehing bad or is it normal and I'm overreacting. They did prescribe me perceset for the first couple days but I'm out of it. I take at least 800 mg of ibeuprophen every time I take it. Thanks in advance for any help!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Go back right away. No, this is not normal and it sounds like something is wrong. I had wisdom teeth removed and I did not experience pain for this amount of time that you're talking about.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 08:01 PM
    This sounds like you could have a dry socket. Call your dentist in the morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower wisdom tooth extraction, excrutiating pain in jaw and front and side teeth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I had my wisdom teeth extracted in london uk, ten days ago and after the second day the pain started escalating on the keft side,both teeth were impacted this one had not fully erupted. I had a lot of swelling like a chipmunk whiCh subsided on the seventh day and have a yellow bruise...

AGONY with wisdom teeth extraction-is it ever going to end? [ 4 Answers ]

Got 3 wisdom teeth out on march 29th. I have been to my oral surgeon 5 times since my first follow up a few days after my surgery because of increasing pain. The first time I went he said I was fine, even though I told him that I had been in complete pain, he sent be home with a syringe to irrigate...

Wisdom teeth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

My wisdom teeth in lower jaw are are still under gum and causing terrible headaches. My dentis told me that extraction of the wisdom teeth would damage my facial nerves for sure as to bad position of the teeths. My questions are: 1. Can a wisdom tooth only partly be extracted, so one part at...

I think my wisdom teeth extraction caused my droopy lid, but not sure. [ 2 Answers ]

I got my wisdom teeth extracted at the end of July 2008 and the surgery went fantastic. No dry sockets, no real pain, everything was just perfect EXCEPT now I have a droppy left eye lid. Does anyone know if getting your teeth extracted can cause this? If it can, should I speak with the doctor...

Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Can I Use A Straw? [ 7 Answers ]

First thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and help me out. I feel bad calling my dentist to ask such a simple question he probably told me the answer to when I was still not all the way there. My two upper wisdom teeth were pulled 5 days ago in a simple extraction. Both had...

View more questions Search