Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Distasty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Security and Permissions Problems
    About a year ago, my motherboard over heated and died, killing my old PC...

Since then, I've converted my old hard drive into a external USB hard drive to salvage my old files off the drive.

Everything worked swimmingly until it came to accessing my old "my document" folders... There were multiple accounts on he machine before it's death and mine was the only one password protected and I believe it's my undoing.

I cannot retrieve, access, look at, delete, or otherwise interact with the data.
    I've tried changing the permissions on the whole hard drive, I've tried changing the permissions on all the folders which sort of worked, as I can go inside them. When it comes to accessing the files inside ]folders however, nothing I do will let me access them or change permissions.

Is there any advice anyone can give me to access my files?
    I'm currently running off Window's 7 and the files on the hard drive were running off XP.

I am pulling out my hair on this one.
    Please help!
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2012, 10:05 PM
    You can check your drive into other system if data is accessible or not.
    If everything found well means there might be some problem with your system settings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permissions error [ 12 Answers ]

I have 1 desktop (hardwired) and 2 laptop (wireless) on a home network. The desktop is XP SP2 X86 and one laptop is the same and the other is Vista. I have a D-Link DI-524 router. All computers see each other find. I can ping with IP or name all computers from each location. The desktop can...

NTFS permissions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Sir I have a question that we have windows server 2003 and Windows XP on clients we are four members of domain admins group when I create a document all other three can acces my document even I have not given access to them but they have ownership rights through wich they take ownership and...

View more questions Search